I have an Epiphone les paul black beauty and i want to replace all three pickups in a way to make my guitar look and sound close to an ESP eclipse guitar... I love the look of the Eclipse, its so badass.. and ive been wanting to change my pickups for a long long time now because they are crappy muddy stock ones.. Im just not sure what my les paul will look like with 3 black pickups. And ive gotten tired of the vintage look... I want something badass, and i want a sound thats badass! Good cleans, And good screams!

Heres The eclipse: http://gearhounds.com/ProductImages/Eclipse-II_VB_Lg.jpg

Heres my les paul: http://www.gibsonlespaulcustom.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/gibson%20les%20paul%20custom-229202805199683490.jpg

Don't judge what i want to do, Im asking for a reason... Because I dont want my guitar to look like shit lol

I WANT A GOOD SOUND TOO, ITS NOT JUST FOR THE LOOKS
Last edited by Greenday3213 at Aug 10, 2011,
Quote by Greenday3213

Is this a good or bad idea?

Quote by Greenday3213

Don't judge what i want to do

I'm getting mixed messages here.

In my opinion, replacing your pickups purely for aesthetic reasons is a expensive and unnecessary. Your mileage may vary.
The pickups in the Eclipse are EMG 81 and 85 pickups, however I would not recommend buying them for the way they look. Try a guitar that has these pickups installed (ESP, Schecter and Jackson make a lot of them) and see if you like how they sound first.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 10, 2011,
Sell your epiphone and buy an eclipse off of eBay for around $600.
Quote by sashki
I'm getting mixed messages here.

In my opinion, replacing your pickups purely for aesthetic reasons is a expensive and unnecessary. Your mileage may vary.
The pickups in the Eclipse are EMG 81 and 85 pickups, however I would not recommend buying them for the way they look. Try a guitar that has these pickups installed (ESP, Schecter and Washburn make a lot of them) and see if you like how they sound first.

I also need them for the sound, Id never buy parts that cost about $100 just for looks aha...
No, what you need is a new amp.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Saint78
^Maybe.
What amp do you use?

same one as tubetime ahah, Line6 spider III 15w.. But im buying a new amp too
Quote by Greenday3213
same one as tubetime ahah, Line6 spider III 15w.. But im buying a new amp too

Maybe not get the pickups until you see how your guitar sounds with the amp. Spiders are crappy.
you're a stone fox
You haven't heard one slammed hard with an ML-2. Read the quotes in my sig. They may sound like people don't like them but really its just jealousy.

TS - I was just joking at first, but yes you really do need a new amp. My sig is a joke. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to put you down. Everyone starts somewhere. For me it was an MG30 which isn't much better. Seriously, you have a nice guitar don't waste money improving that until you have a better amp. Hope I haven't offended you.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Aug 10, 2011,