So I always wonder how the people who got 5+ guitars handle the string changing.
I mean it's must be pretty expensive and time-consuming. Isn't that kinda annoying?
My favourite time is when I restring my guitars. I polish 'em etc. too.

It's quite therapeutic.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I currently have 4 guitars but only use 2 of them for recording purposes. I change the strings on those once a month. The other 2 I don't really bother because I just noodle around on them. Probably change the strings on those once a year.

I polish 'em etc. too.

It's quite therapeutic.

Same, and it really is.
in short, yeh. but we kinda deal with it.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

It's quite therapeutic.

I agree, i could sit there for hours just giving my ol guitars a bit of TLC
I got 4 guitars, I change on the guitar only when it popped or broke.

I been using same strings on my main electric for already half a year.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

It's quite therapeutic.

This.

I love changing strings, and theres nothing better, IMO, than cleaning up your favourite guitar, changing the strings and checking the intonation/action etc.

I need to get out more
Quote by Stud_Muffin
This.

I love changing strings, and theres nothing better, IMO, than cleaning up your favourite guitar, changing the strings and checking the intonation/action etc.

I need to get out more

No you don't.

I buy elixers so I can be super lazy and not change strings for months at a time.
I have four stringed things. I cope by leaving it as long as I can.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I change the strings on my main electric my PRS every other gig, so about every two weeks, my main acoustic the martin every month, the rest I leave for about once every 4 or 5 months, and my basses even longer
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
4 guitars. 3 with floyd roses. By the time i've cleaned, re-strung and tuned them im sick of the sight of them and don't play them for 2 days.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

It's quite therapeutic.

I agree, unless I'm restringing my string-through... Its a PIA for other reasons that always seem to manifest themselves during a change.

I think that once I get my first guitar with a wiggle-bar, though, that will take the place of most annoying restring... Until I get used to it, of course.
My main guitar gets its strings changed every month or so and my other guitars have to wait until i've snapped their strings. I don't really find changing the strings to annoying anymore, i've gotten quicker and better at it and each time it gets easier. I have 5 guitars, 4 with floyds.
I have 4 guitars and I haven't changed the strings in almost a year.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i change my strings quite often. i love that slick feel, and i play a lot. i'm thinking of getting elixers.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
You don't have bonding time with your guitars if you don't change your strings........
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I have three, though I only really play one constantly. The strings on that one go pretty quickly, but the other two can go for months with the same strings. Also, the ESP has Trim-Lok tuners, so it's a pretty quick process.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by Steve635z
4 guitars. 3 with floyd roses. By the time i've cleaned, re-strung and tuned them im sick of the sight of them and don't play them for 2 days.

*shudder*
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by L2112Lif
I think that once I get my first guitar with a wiggle-bar, though, that will take the place of most annoying restring... Until I get used to it, of course.

I'm gonna start calling tremolo arms this now. Thankyou.

I only have 2 guitars and I put Elixirs on the acoustic which last for time. I change the guitar strings every 2/3 weeks, but if I could afford it or if I had more guitars, I wouldn't mind changing the strings at least once every week. It's thereputic.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by L2112Lif

definitely also using this term from now on.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I have a Floyd Rose, and rather than going the recommended route of one string at a time, I change them all so I can clean and polish my guitar... it takes almost an hour, but it is good quality time. On my other guitar, I usually don't worry about it. My brother uses it and screws up the tuning(and gets mad when I wanna put it in drop B). He just changed the strings on that and didn't even polish it and it really makes me mad.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

It's quite therapeutic.

This.

I absolutely love it, I put on some music to listen to, grab a pack of strings and the appropriate cleaning materials and sit down and clean/restring/set-up for about an hour. I love it.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Wiggle-bars.

Also can someone tell me what's so bad about Floyd Roses? I never understood that.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Wiggle-bars.

Also can someone tell me what's so bad about Floyd Roses? I never understood that.

Buy one and find out...They make me mad even thinking about explaining them to you.

EDIT: Wiggle bar.......lulz
Quote by Gorelord666
Wiggle-bars.

If you want them flat, and changed string gauges, you're screwed. They take a long time to tune and if you need to retune them 10 times, it takes an hour... that's if you try to perfectly tune. If you roughly tune until it is properly set up it is no big deal.

I have four guitars and a bass, one of my electrics has been broke for a while, but my brother repaired it a short time ago, so i will restring it soon, the last time i restrung my main guitar was probably just before June, so i should probably restring that too, the one that is broken has always been a bitch to restring because of the Bigsby tailpiece. Neither of my acoustics have been restrung for a while, and my bass has been out of my possession for about 3 years so the strings are deader than dead, still haven't got around to restringing it though.

So for me, restringing itself isn't too bad, while the Bigsby isn't fun, the end result is beautiful, i just wouldn't like parting with the money for two sets of electric guitar strings, two sets of acoustic strings, and a set of bass strings (especially not the bass strings).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
My brother has a bass... same strings as when it was bought over two years ago. Not willing to take out a loan to change them.

It looks like I'm alone in saying that I don't love re-stringing my guitars. The end result is great, but doing it annoys me.

Also, I'm going to use the term "wiggle-bar" every day from now on.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Weirdbag
So I always wonder how the people who got 5+ guitars handle the string changing.
I mean it's must be pretty expensive and time-consuming. Isn't that kinda annoying?

Yes.

Never buy a guitar with a floating tremolo.
Heh, a wibble bar only adds about 2 minutes to stringing time - wedging some newspaper under it and undoing some allen keys isn`t very hard really. Maybe another minute of 2 extra for cross tuning. But I always use the same gauge so no need to do anything to the wobbler itself.
Every few months for me on 2 guitars, when I get the money :P

But what's an Elixir? A type of sting? :S
Quote by Empty Duck
Every few months for me on 2 guitars, when I get the money :P

But what's an Elixir? A type of sting? :S

Yeah they are coated for longer life, and are 50% more expensive - have a different feel which I don`t like, but many do.
i'm picky about the strings on my jackson, i change them once a month. on my acoustic maybe once a year and my other electric i just don't bother lol