I have an epiphone les paul black beauty and im going to change all three pickups but im not sure how to buy them?
I know i need a neck pickup and a bridge pickup but what would that middle one count as? they dont sell middle pickups? I know I sound retarded, but its my first time buying new pickups... should i buy a bridge or neck for that centre one?

My guitar: http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/9/4/6/474946.jpg

Please no smart ass comments, and no being an asshole.... Ive been seeing that allot on these forums...pricks
Either one, depends what sound you're wanting I guess.
I think they're generally neck though.
to be honest, it depends what sound you're after.

if you're wanting a heavier sound then probably a bridge, but if you want a bluesy or jazzy sound then neck.

that's kind of my theory, having never owned a LPBB or had to choose a middle humbucker before...

you COULD get a middle SC pickup and attach it to the humbucker cover. i know that that's possible to do.

but it's up to you.

edit: also it looks on that pic that it's a neck one. you can tell from the screws on it.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
to be honest, it depends what sound you're after.

if you're wanting a heavier sound then probably a bridge, but if you want a bluesy or jazzy sound then neck.

that's kind of my theory, having never owned a LPBB or had to choose a middle humbucker before...

you COULD get a middle SC pickup and attach it to the humbucker cover. i know that that's possible to do.

but it's up to you.

edit: also it looks on that pic that it's a neck one. you can tell from the screws on it.

Thanks allot, that was very helpful