Random question but dont belong to to many forums with Americans on it so have nowhere else to ask......
i know the yanks go mental for halloween but with it being on a monday this year will they celebrate it on the weekend.
going new york that weekend so wanna time my dates to when the biggest halloween night will be.
any ideas???
It's always on Halloween itself. If it falls on a weekday we don't substitute.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51

You win!
STಠ_ಠ
British man here, I'm guessing halloween is a little less hyped up over here, but its fairly similar.

From my experience though, halloween tended to be an excuse for a massive house party in the suburbs, usually fancy dress. Never been to any halloween parties in a city though.

But yeah, it's like christmas - you celebrate it on the day, as it is a holiday.
call me ziggy.
Some individual towns sometimes mandate specific days to celebrate if Halloween is on a weekday, but generally its celebrated on the day itself.
Quote by bballdevil187
Some individual towns sometimes mandate specific days to celebrate if Halloween is on a weekday, but generally its celebrated on the day itself.

^
This guy
if you're looking to go out an the biggest bar night it'll prob saturday to be honest.

most people that have jobs/go to school arnt gonna go too hard on a monday night
Guess it depends. Some people party starting a couple of days before or after.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by Thrasher51

Yup. Pretty much.
Halloween isn't as awesome or scary as it used to be. It pisses me off.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
stereotypical english guy haha...hey i didnt mean it like that
everyday u should go mental but i thought you lot might go a little quieter on a work night
Quote by jetfuel495
I was in Chicago for halloween last year. It was on a Sunday, but the entire weekend people were walking around in costumes going to parties and whatnot.

They were allowed out? Wait..was it grown adults or kids? Because a town a little north from mine doesn't let kids go outside on Halloween.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
They were allowed out? Wait..was it grown adults or kids? Because a town a little north from mine doesn't let kids go outside on Halloween.

This was downtown, it was all people that were maybe like 17 and up.

I'll tell you what, though, they didn't dress up for candy.
Quote by jetfuel495

Was it sex?

I bet it was sex.
I'm an American, and I couldn't care less about Halloween.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by jetfuel495

Oh so like Halloween at a high school but vamped higher. Got it.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by jetfuel495
I thought about making a joke concerning sex and candy but my better judgement stopped me.

Didn't stop you from changing your avatar.

Okay, I'm done and now accept you for who you are.
Quote by Thrasher51

This, but in Utah it is substituted if it is on a Sunday.
On the day and no other.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Halloween on my campus is a big deal. 2 people got stabbed. The deploy the entire city's police force during the celebrations.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER