I just sold some guitar stuff and now I have about €100. I'm not sure whether I should buy either a small multi-effects or 1/2 pickup(s) to replace the stock ones.

Now, if I was to get a multi-effects, I want something that includes filters, compressor, pitch shifter etc. but not reverb, delay, overdrive, or distortion as I'd prefer single pedals for those and my amps distortion is fine. So, a weird multi-effects

OR

I'm eventually going to replace my pups with dimarzio's; evo 2 (bridge), true velvet (middle), paf pro (neck). I think I can get one of these, or, if I get lucky one and the single coil middle.

Thanks guys!
I doubt you'll find a multi fx unit which doesn't include all that stuff you don't want, so if those are the only options you're giving yourself the pickups may be the better option.

If you're on a budget though, you may be best off buying a more normal multi fx unit to start yourself off (I always recommend the Boss ME50) and gradually saving up and buying the more specific individual pedals when you can afford them. Then you can sell the multi fx unit when you don't need it anymore and use the money you get for it to buy the upgraded pickups.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryHB at Aug 10, 2011,
Well I don't mind which multi-effects as long as it has a compressor and envelope filter etc.
but would a Dimarzio evo 2 make a bigger difference to my tone?
It would make a difference - any change in your setup would make a difference. I don't know about it being a bigger difference though - amp & effects have a huge influence on the tone you get, so you may find getting the effects first has more impact.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'd go for the pickups. With a rig like that it should make a massive difference. Then start saving up and get something like a TC Electronics Nova System or a Line 6 M9/M13
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Yeah, I'm afraid that the novelty of the boss me 50 might wear off after a while and I'll be cursing myself for not buying at least one new pickup.
I would just buy a compressor and an envolope filter. The quality will be better than that of a mfx unit and will probably last longer.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
I would just buy a compressor and an envolope filter. The quality will be better than that of a mfx unit and will probably last longer.

And you'd advise that over a new pickup?
Quote by conor-figgy
And you'd advise that over a new pickup?

Hmm...

I'm acutally thinking about getting some new pups for my strat and someone over in the digitech thread said that his rp355 sounded two times better than it did with his old pups. I don't know how much of a difference pups make so I don't know if I would choose new pups over the comp and filter.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I'll be switching out the stock pups, which aren't bad for stock but they're nothing fantastic.
Decisions decisions decisions.......