Hi all I have the squier fender affinity series pack, with the guitar and fender 15g amp. I want to get an epiphone les paul standard plain top of a friend for 250 pounds. So how much should i sell my squier for and would i be able to get at least 100 pounds ? Also would the epihphone sound alrite on my fender 15g amp for guns and roses stuff, led zepplin and the killer, ac/dc etc. If not wat affordable amp would i need to get.

Thanks all
Thats pretty steep for a used epi lp standard.
I got mine for 200$cad. (124£
I saw a fellow the other day from that side of the pond getting a used plus top for £150.

I dont want to comment on stuff I've never heard. But the guitar itself sounds fantastic.
|
\/
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Aug 10, 2011,
Oh well im gonna haggle for the price abit anyway would it sound good with the fender 15 g amp
Nothing sounds better with a fender amp that came in a starter pack. Upgrade as soon as possible.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I've had that exact same pack, the amp is pure garbage unless playing clean.. even then it's not so great.

I would upgrade the amp before the Squier Aff. but both need to be upgraded asap.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
Plus i think pure garbage is exaggerated cos my friend was able to get good sound out of it with the squire
Maybe try a Vox VT30+, Peavey Vypyr, or Rolland Cube 20XL both are modelling amps which would be a cheap but good step up from your current equipment. You should be able to dial in a respectable sound for the songs/bands that you have listed. But having said that try some amps out and see what you like.
Quote by yoyox120
Plus i think pure garbage is exaggerated cos my friend was able to get good sound out of it with the squire

Then keep it until your ear matures because until it does you won't be able to tell a Marshall JCM 800 from a queef. Once you realize that it sucks, it's time to start looking. The fact is that it is real garbage in the most literal sense of the word. Ive owned a slightly better version of the amp you have and it wasnt worth the chump change I paid for it. I trade up for a Roland Cube 30X and was quite happy, if that helps.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Look i didnt say it was amazing and i knw the differnece between a decent amp and a crap one , anyway how much was that Roland Cube 30X