Sounds like he's using a lotta highs and not much mids in his EQ... Just a clean channel. My ears might be foolin' me, though.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Super cleans, fresh steel rounds, quite a bit of bass, even more treble, no mids at all--adjust pup balance to taste.

That's my guess anyway. I could be off as I don't slap or ever try to get a tone like that.
I don't get why everyone feels the need to remove the ashtray and pickup cover

I guess it makes sense for people who use a pick but I either play with my thumb, resting my hand on the pup cover or play with my fingers, resting my thumb on the fretboard
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
That's pretty much exactly how my USA standard Jazz bass sounds if I run it freshly strung with rounds through no effects with the tone wound down by about 25% and a bit of a bass boost and mid cut on the amp, and maybe a slight treble boost. Sounds like he has both of his pickups up full anyway, perhaps favouring the neck pup slightly.
Quote by CJ Noble

I guess it makes sense for people who use a pick but I either play with my thumb, resting my hand on the pup cover or play with my fingers, resting my thumb on the fretboard

I take mine off so I can get different tones by changing where I play. I go through phases with my neck pickup cover though.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB

See, back when I had my '75 P-Bass I always kept the covers on it. To be honest, resting my hand on it while playing slap made it easier for me! haha
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT