I don't get what chords lead well to another and why? Could someone please explain. It would be greatly appreciated.
From my understanding, it's about how the notes in each chord interact with each other. My suggestion would be to look into voice leading.
Quote by stickfigurekill
From my understanding, it's about how the notes in each chord interact with each other. My suggestion would be to look into voice leading.

i'm not so sure i agree with the first statement, at least not wholly. but yes, looking into voice leading is a fantastic place to start. but you'll need a fundamental knowledge of theory, or, at the very least, of chord construction -- if you can't tell me what notes are in an A major triad, start learning about that sort of thing.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
^ +1 to what aeolianwolf said. it's more about the motion and distance between the pitches being used. voice leading is kinda like the the melody that implies where the chords go next - not exactly, but kinda
Quote by Nottachance
I don't get what chords lead well to another and why? Could someone please explain. It would be greatly appreciated.

What you want to learn about is called chord "function". (not voice leading)

I can't really teach it to you in a thread. There is a path you need to follow, and it's generally 1 step at a time.

A theory book, and some professional direction from either a classroom or a private instructor would be your best bet if you want to really understand this stuff.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Aug 11, 2011,