Poll: What do you think of chewing loudly?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of chewing loudly?
Death to the loud chewers
49 78%
I can stand it when people chew loud
10 16%
I don't mind loud chewing at all
2 3%
Hell, I think it's great when people make a mini-concert while chewing
2 3%
Voters: 63.
Oh my god, it pisses me off to no end. My dad chews loud, but I learned to put up with it for life pretty young. Other people, it's a different story.

Do you chew loud? Do you hate on loud chewers? Discuss this disgusting habit, pit.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Do you mean "smacking?" Or when someone's jaw "pops" while they're chewing? Smacking is annoying, and the jaw popping is something I don't think can be helped...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
It's something that bugs me. I'm really self-conscious about it myself, so I eat things like cereal and potato chips as quietly as possible.
The sound some people make chewing reminds me of the sound some people make sucking chode.
It's a terrible habit and shouldn't happen.

edit: the sound made while eating shouldn't happen. Just wanted to clarify. Chodes need love too.
Last edited by page.slash at Aug 10, 2011,
I usually give them this look:

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by due 07
It's something that bugs me. I'm really self-conscious about it myself, so I eat things like cereal and potato chips as quietly as possible.

I hate when its quiet and you're eating chips or carrots or something, and it seems so ****ing loud. I always think everyone in the room can hear it.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
I don't chew loudly. At least I don't think I do. I keep my mouth pretty closed when I chew stuff.

Loud chewers peeve me though.
Chewing loudly is almost annoys me as much as people who let their flip-flop sandals (or any shoe at that) drag on the floor. PICK UP YOUR FUCKING HEEL OFF THE GROUND YOU SACK OF SHIT.
Quote by Hellomeitsme
I hate when its quiet and you're eating chips or carrots or something, and it seems so ****ing loud. I always think everyone in the room can hear it.

I'm sure no one actually even cares, if they even notice it, but it makes me so diffident.
It's really annoying, but some people don't notice/can't help it, so it's not anything I rage about too much.
Quote by due 07

This.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
This.

What are some of your techniques to cope? I mainly do two things -- I'll let the chip "soak" in my mouth for a short period of time before chewing, and/or I'll "chew" by pushing the chip up against the roof of my mouth with my tongue.

Wow, that sounds more disgusting than I meant for it to.
I hate it and am really self-conscious of it. But you know what's worse? People that eat with their mouths open, you get all the volume, plus smacking AND a chew by chew guide to how well their food is going down. It makes me want to leap across the table and clamp their damn mouths closed.

That sounds quite gross. I can't help but chew the chips fully, making as much internal crackle as possible. I enjoy my chips crackly!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by burndttoast
Chewing loudly is almost annoys me as much as people who let their flip-flop sandals (or any shoe at that) drag on the floor. PICK UP YOUR FUCKING HEEL OFF THE GROUND YOU SACK OF SHIT.

I laughed so hard my pick hit the computer screen and I peed a little.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Last edited by Kilty Boxers at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by darkstar2466
That sounds quite gross. I can't help but chew the chips fully, making as much internal crackle as possible. I enjoy my chips crackly!

Your kind of people are the a bane of society.
Quote by burndttoast

I don't mind the crunching sound of a carrot or potato chip because that just comes with the territory. However, I noticed a long time ago that some of my family members make a loud squishing noise while they chew (with their mouths closed). It can be heard from across the dining room! Even though I do it too, I hate the sound of it. I usually try to eat with some background noise, like a tv or radio.
Quote by due 07
What are some of your techniques to cope? I mainly do two things -- I'll let the chip "soak" in my mouth for a short period of time before chewing, and/or I'll "chew" by pushing the chip up against the roof of my mouth with my tongue.

Wow, that sounds more disgusting than I meant for it to.

It's all about making external noise at the very moment you make the initial bite. Ruffle the bag, or shift your wait around where you're sitting.

My god, I'm paranoid
Check out my band Disturbed
What about when someones chewing loudly and talking and just being loud altogether >:|

I think its pretty easy to just get out of their noise distance though.
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
****in' hate it. I always let them know, too. Depending on how well I know/like them, I'll use some sarcasm or comedy to lighten the attitude.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by StewieSwan
It's all about making external noise at the very moment you make the initial bite. Ruffle the bag, or shift your wait around where you're sitting.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I generally just eat chips and cereal alone though, for this very reason.
I'm a very loud and obnoxious eater when I dont pay attention to myself

It's from hurrying up and eating my food so I can go back to my room and play video games
i have lots of azn friends and they all do this and they chew with their mouth open too it's fuckin disgusting learn some table manners goddamn.
Quote by Doppelgänger
i have lots of azn friends and they all do this and they chew with their mouth open too it's fuckin disgusting learn some table manners goddamn.

It's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGI0jlz22Dg
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
ololol i honestly watched that vid right before i posted that post.

we live in the same city so he knows what's up
Jut go down to Robson and listen to an azn eat a Japadog.
Quote by Bill43

There's half a dozen kinds of them. Only one has seaweed.

Edit:

Quote by Bill43

I've upset a lot of people by asking them to stop chewing so loudly (or to close their mouth). People really don't like being called out on it, but my hatred of that god-awful sound outweighs any politeness I normally practice.
I hate it but that doesn't stop me from doing it myself.

What I really despise though is when people lick there fingers. Ugh
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I chew loudly. It projects confidence and therefore bitches get on my dick i got mad swag shitsuckers