went round da pawn shops today and stumbled across these 2 charvels. pics incoming

didnt get a pic of the headstock but it was the old school CHARVEL with big lettering, serial number 352885

next

the headstock

Its got a khaler trem
S/N 244445

anywhere i can look up these serials and find out the year/model/origin country ?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Aug 11, 2011,
Hmm it's a bit hard to tell what model those guitars are, maybe we need more pictures of the person holding the guitar?
wow, I always thought you were a guy because of your avi.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
wow, I always thought you were a guy because of your avi.

How would i take. Pic of myself holding a guitar?.....short answer thats my friend.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by zincabopataurio
Hmm it's a bit hard to tell what model those guitars are, maybe we need more pictures of the person holding the guitar?

Yes, please a better picture of the person holding the guitar would prove quite useful in identifying the guitar.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Any normal not overly horny people have some real input? Otherwise there's no reason to keep this thread up
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
www.charvelusa.com has loads of Charvel info. The most important thing to know is that the guitars that say “Fort Worth, Texas” were made in Japan. American or Japanese, 1980s Charvels are great guitars.
Quote by jpnyc
www.charvelusa.com has loads of Charvel info. The most important thing to know is that the guitars that say “Fort Worth, Texas” were made in Japan. American or Japanese, 1980s Charvels are great guitars.

this.

also, you have a lot better pawn shops that we do here.

i'd go for the blue (at least on my computer) one if it played nice. cool stuff.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 11, 2011,
Both played decent. They we going for $200 for the white one and $250 for the pink by both would require. New trem
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
you probably should've let the other person, which i assume is a guy, hold it for you. you know that UG is full of unlaid guitarists and when they see a woman their spidy-senses go tingling xD.

as for the guitars the second one looks like a so-cal or san dimas which has been modded. and for the first one, it screams 80's to me.

if i were you i'd get that white one and slab me a original floyd on it, that said you probably cant go wrong with these guitars. they're probably old, have charvel necks do i need to say more?
Wow, you guys are dumb.

That's obviously not EspTro in the picture, who do you think is taking the pictures. Also, check out the profile; it says "male."
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Anytime anyone posts a pic with a chick in it people get retarded. I know some people might think it's funny, but it's nothing new or original on the internet, and if you go to just about any youtube video with a girl in it, half of the comments are guys asking to get married to her.

Anyway, those guitars look pretty sweet. I hope you find some info. If they are made in Japan, you should get one.
so we got no one in UG that even has somewhere to look up the serial? or any info on the model?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
wha did the neck plate say? if it was in Texas, thats a Jap model. If it had a CA neck plate that is a USA made by Wane. The white one looks like the crapy 90's Charvel.

You can google how to date a Charvel/Jackson.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
First one looks like a Fusion Deluxe model, made between 1989 and 1991 in Japan.
I suspect the white one could be a Model 3 from 1986. The Kahler tremolo and pickguard were replaced on later models.
Both made in Japan, basswood bodies, maple necks.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 11, 2011,
I like the white on looks like Jake E. Lee guitar (maby its is) idk just a thought
Quote by EspTro
Any normal not overly horny people have some real input? Otherwise there's no reason to keep this thread up

Lol, if you're going to get mad about it, then why did you have her pose as if she was a model? You could have easily taken a pic of the guitar by itself leaned against an amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
go with the first one.

also, it's a good thing she shaved her armpits or this thread would have taken a serious turn for the worse. : o
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The first one is nice, HS configs are awesome.

Good point greg

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Lmao
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I'll buy you both for the girl
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Would you like some guitar to go with those legs?

....I have nothing else to contribute.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
why does the last charvel have a saddle crew missing?
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Quote by EspTro

Its got a khaler trem
S/N 244445

anywhere i can look up these serials and find out the year/model/origin country ?
That's an 86-88 headstock. "Fort Worth, TX" Japanese made I think..

edit: the white one is apparently a 1986 Model 3. I see one on eBay for $1999..?? anyway that trem might get a little pricey if it's broken.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Aug 13, 2011,
I have pics of the neckplates let me grab em
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED

Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I hate to contribute nothing useful, but does the girl look like Nikki Monninger to anyone else? Anyway, you could check here. I didn't go through the list, but it looks pretty thorough.
Pic 1 is a Fusion

Pic 2 is a Model 3
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion