Hey,
I recently bought a second hand Laney GH100L head and now need to purchase a cabinet.
Was wondering which cabinet would be more suitable, a 4 x 12" or a 2 x 12"? Leaning towards the 2 x 12" cause its cheaper and would be a lot easier to transport.

Thanks
go 2x12, I bought a 4x12 and honestly thin its a mistake, its just way to big and because o its size it costs more.

lets say you want an average quality 4x12. where i live, expect to pay 500-700. for 700-800 you can buy boutique quality 2x12 cabs.
Yerr the Laney 2x12" is $400 and the 4x12" is $750 here in Australia.

I was also wondering about the sound, is 100W too much for 2 12" speakers?
Just curious, did you buy the one off eBay?

'Cause I was lookin' at that
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
depends, if the laney 2x12 is 100w or more then youre good to go.

trust me, anytime where a 4x12 would be more practical, there will be mics and all to mic cabinets
Quote by Eppicurt
Just curious, did you buy the one off eBay?

'Cause I was lookin' at that

yerr I got it off eBay ahahaha
Nice mate, let us know how it is.

I was really keen on it enjoy
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yerr it's quite old, still sounds pretty good though. I really like the simplicity of the single channel design, I've wanted one of them for years, either the Laney GH100L or the Marshall Vintage Modern. Happy i settled for the Laney

Thanks man, will enjoy it a lot!