ok so i got my new ibanez rg2570z vsl and i got some tuning problems ...
I did a full setup . truss rod , action, pickup height , strings are 3 days old, intonation everything and still out of tune .. can you help me plz i think something wrong with the intonation.. i used my marshall tuner (12th fret matches open string)...
Last edited by DimebagDany at Aug 22, 2011,
push down the note on the 12th fret too. if its too sharp lengthen the string. it could also be unproperly wound strings.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Why did you touch the truss rod? Did it even need it?

Seeing that he has an ibanez, he probably freaked out that there was more than 1mm of space between the string and the fret.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by ethan_hanus
Why did you touch the truss rod? Did it even need it?

no i did not touch the truss rod it was already good
Quote by DimebagDany
no i did not touch the truss rod it was already good

You said you did a full set up, including the truss rod. Assumptions.

Anyways, to get a perfect intonation, it takes a long time, constantly tweaking and adjusting. Every time you intonate, you have to retune all the strings, then intonate again.

Are you fretting the 12 fret, instead of the harmonic, the harmonic thing is crap, you have to fret the note to get a accurate reading of what's actually going on. And are you retuning after every single little adjustment? You have a floating trem, so any change, changes the tuning of all the strings.
I've got an Ibanez RG4E. I've had several tuning problems, but it was really sort of a learn-as-you-go type thing. All the problems I've had there were solved either by messing with the action (while also making sure it didn't lean forward too much), or tightening the springs.