Page 1 of 2
do you have a deep sentimental bond with your guitar?, and how would you describe that bond?

I'm asking this because apparently I don't have a sentimental bond with my guitar unlike all my guitarist friends who called me insensitive two years ago when I didn't hesitate to sell for 80 bucks my first guitar which was a cheap strat copy, I sell it and I bought a mid range Dean V, this guitar have been my partner for almost of the time I have been playing, the few gigs I have had, and some memorable anecdotes.

but again I'm not hesitating in selling it to buy a better guitar, and they are calling me insensitive again, they say they would never sell the guitar which have accompanied them for so long, neither that they will sell their first guitar, even if it was the cheapest and crappiest strat copy in the market(in fact one of them also sell his first guitar which it was also a strat copy, but he always says that he really regret it)

what do you think?
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
If my baby had a vag I would totally stick my dick in it
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I haven't gotten rid of my first guitar for the simple fact that it was my first.

If you had asked me five years ago, I'd have acted like it was my child or something.
Now that you mention it, yeah I kind of do. But like I don't talk about it the way a car guy talks about his car if thats what you mean.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Wiegenlied

You probably shouldn't have children.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Eric_Fail
You probably shouldn't have children.

You probably shouldn't post on forums
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
You probably shouldn't post on forums

I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Zoot Allures
i used to be super attached to mine, drew on it and everything, it was ****ing sweet now that i think about it. she's a beauty, my first love, but i haven't set eyes on her for many years now. i just couldn't give her the love and attention i felt she deserved, she's meant for a younger man. god damn she's fine as hell and i know that she feels most comfortable in my hands, but it was time, it was time
My first guitar was on loan from my brother, but I do feel sentimental and I have to play it whenever I see it. If it was mine, I'd never sell it. It feels like getting rid of a part of my history.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
I don't even know where my first guitar is. I did all my real learning on my third guitar. I'm much more sentimental about that one.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
OOMGA BOONGA
OOMGA BOONGA
OOMGA BOONGA

I'm sorry, was this thread about the use of differential calculus to solve utility optimization for the average household.

BEEP BEEP I AM A ROBOT
Quote by Fairieswearsock
OOMGA BOONGA
OOMGA BOONGA
OOMGA BOONGA

I'm sorry, was this thread about the use of differential calculus to solve utility optimization for the average household.

BEEP BEEP I AM A ROBOT

Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
It seems like almost every one loved their first guitar.

well honestly I didn't love my first guitar, the sound and the action were terrible, I was excited to sell it and buying my dean, because I loved the V shape, that Dean, my second guitar, I can say I really loved it once, specially the neck, it plays like a dream, two years ago, I was super attached to that guitar, but now I'm tired of it's V shape and I don't see it beautiful anymore, and I don't think I will missed it if I sell it and buy a better one.

maybe it's only that I'm a little insensitive, maybe I'm a monster
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Last edited by andras67 at Aug 11, 2011,
my first guitar, my jackson dinky, i dont mind giving that away. its not that great, dont have any attatchments to it, though i wwouldnt mind restringing it and trying it again one day (right now the strings are like barbed wire)

my fender jaguar, that's really my guitar. It can be shred, metal, pop, whtever, i feel most comfortable playing on my jaguar. I actually do shred stuff a lot better with my jaguar than i do on "shredder" guitars (ibanez, jackson, blah blah blah)

my relatively cheap fender acoustic ($200 canadian) i really like too.
Naw man, I use it and abuse it.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

once i get a top end guitar it will be my baby but as of right now i would have no problem selling my ibanez or epi or schecter. They are mid level guitars at best. It takes a special guitar to have alot of sentimental value. i have probalby sold a total of 7 guitars to get where i am at now.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
I would say so. I feel bad that I don't play my first guitar as much anymore because I have others that are better. I do go and set aside a specific amount of time to play it to show that I care sometimes though. I will never get rid of it though, or any of my guitars for that matter.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
I have no real connection with any guitars, either, though I will always keep my first guitar, and first electric guitar as well, just because. Plus, they're not worth anything, they're cheap as hell, haha.

Though I would possibly consider giving them to someone looking to start playing sometime. *shrug*

But yeah, otherwise not really. I care for my guitars and all and they're important, but I'd sell them to upgrade or whatever as I want with no remorse whatsoever. <_>
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
I don't really have any kind of "bond" with my first guitar, because it's not great and I only played it for four or five months because then I got my second, but I'd feel bad giving it away because it was a gift. I have a bit of a bond with my second guitar, and definately one with my latest one, which I made myself.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Quote by Wiegenlied

Inadvisable. And pretty sick-minded in a bad, incestual way.
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
My first guitar was awful. £30 new on e-bay. Rough frets, would not intonate or stay in tune and appalling action. I'm glad it's gone! I still see it from time to time though as I sold it to my cousins for £30.

My next guitar was slightly better but I had no problem selling it.

My Epi Dot on the other hand has a great deal of sentimental value as it was a gift from my grandparents. That thing isn't going anywhere. It just feels 'right' to play. Love that guitar.

I only bought my Strat last week, so it's too early to tell for that one!
My first guitar was a real piece of shit, and i treated it like a piece of shit. My current guitar holds more value since i built it, but it's still an awful guitar and i don't hesitate to treat it like so.
I couldn't sell my first guitar, mostly because it's a hunk of shit. I do have a certain bond with it though, I had a lot of fun with my friends jamming on our shitty Encore guitars, I don't think i'll ever get rid of it and will just hang it on the wall somewhere. I was the same with skateboarding, used to keep all my old broken decks as trophies.
I urinated on my first guitar while blackout drunk. I must have thought it was a urinal at the time. It survived though. I suppose I am attached to it.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Not really. I dunno where my first guitar is at the moment. It's either at my dad's house or at my friend's house. Who knows. My other first guitar is my SG, which I wouldn't part with only because I like playing it better than any other guitar. If I find a guitar that I think plays better then I'd be willing to trade it. Though I dunno who would want it since my friends and I have painted all over it and it has a sticker on it that says, "I love Heather."
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Nope, I keep old guitars so I don't have to be buying new strings erry time I want to switch from drop z to E standard though.
Still got my first guitar, some classical acoustic I got for £30 from Argos.. Absolute bag of crap.
I did get rid of my first electric guitar though, it played beautifully but I'm fairly certain the body was made of plywood and all of the pickups sounded weak and farty.

I love my bass though, I think I would go on a murderous rampage if anything happened to her.
No bond with my Yamaha RGX
Not even a bond with my first guitar, a Yamaha Pacifica (sold it now anyway)

But if anything happens to my Metal Driver (seriosly, what kind of a name is that though), I swear...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Suppose I haven't sold my first guitar. And naming it gets you attached.

Yep I am
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Deep bond? Naw. Bond? Yeah. I probably would never sell it or dispose of my first guitar.

...Except my classical maybe. Classical isn't my thing. I also have bad memories. I bought it to join a guitar club in my school. Things got shitty, so I quit, but I still have that guitar.
Yeah, I get attached. I reckon I'll end up as a hopeless collector who never sells an instrument.

In fact, the one I'm attached to least is my first guitar, a Squier acoustic, because it is truly terrible and I didn't play it all that much. After about six months I got my Strat copy and barely played the acoustic again.

All of my electrics and my bass have significant playtime, and I'm fond of them all. My first electric is more likely to get a complete electronics change than it is to be sold.
My first guitar used to be my uncles about 30 years ago, and honestly I'll probably never love a human as much as I love that guitar. It's quite good it's not amazing but I dunno, there's definitely a bond there and also the fact they stopped making them ages ago I could never sell it.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
I have 2 guitar, my sister's strat (she got it and an amp and bag for $125, the clown who sold it to her had no idea what he had), the guitar i learned on and have used for three years, and my $89 nylon string acoustic that sounds amazing. I would never ever sell either of them. They hold a lot of sentimental value. I want to get more guitars, but i would always keep playing the old ones.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
i tend to develope a very deep emotional bond with my gear so i tend to think long and hard before i buy something. ....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
My first guitar was a piece of shit and I hate it but I'm not gonna get rid for the sole fact that it was my first guitar.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Page 1 of 2