Hello

Ill just get right into it I'm looking for a Killswitch engage tone

I know ill never be able to get studio quality because they produce the hell out of it but something close to this video specifically Adam D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc6PQpGFUOk

My Rig

Head - Mesa Dual Recto
Cab - Trad Mesa 2x12
Guitar - Flaxwood aija
Pickups - EMG81 in bridge EMG85 neck ( I'm aware they use the 85 in the bridge)
Boost - Maxon OD9 pro+
Compressor - Maxon CP pro+

Any input is greatly appreciated but if you can please be detailed with amp and pedal settings im just having a nightmare making there tone I cant get the eumff that theirs has
You have EMG's, a Mesa Dual Recto, and a Maxon OD9. I can't see it taking you more than a little bit of EQ'ing on a channel to get it. Adam's tone sounds a bit more scooped than Joel's though. So back off the mids a bit. Also, use your Boost as just that, just a boost, very little added gain.
im pretty sure adam uses a Mesa dual Rec Roadster so you have a very good amp, all i can say if make sure you have the right switches engaged like the bold, or bright, etc. I know there are also certain modes they use on the back of the amp. The amount of power used and what tubes are actually being used. Either silicon diode or pentode. there are alot of factors to their tone and anyones tone who use any mesa products. I would say make sure you go for more tone quality that gain quantity. Alot of people get dual recs and think ok i need to turn the gain up full but that is not the case, your tone should shine through not the gain.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
If you're alright spending a bit of money, investing in an EQ Pedal for your FX Loop should help for getting an awesome tight metal tone in any situation. Just roll off the extreme highs and lows and boost the upper mids 2/3 db. If you've got a noise gate, use that and gate the ****er really hard too. Gets shit nice and tight.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by iceh88
im pretty sure adam uses a Mesa dual Rec Roadster so you have a very good amp, all i can say if make sure you have the right switches engaged like the bold, or bright, etc. I know there are also certain modes they use on the back of the amp. The amount of power used and what tubes are actually being used. Either silicon diode or pentode. there are alot of factors to their tone and anyones tone who use any mesa products. I would say make sure you go for more tone quality that gain quantity. Alot of people get dual recs and think ok i need to turn the gain up full but that is not the case, your tone should shine through not the gain.

At least live right now they're not using mesa gear though, they're currently using Splawn heads live for the dirt and smaller fender combos for their cleans.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ok So i cant get a good recording so thats not going to help anyone if the sound is a shitty quality

ummm i figure ill change my question it you you had to get there tone what would your settings be ie

pres
bass
treb
mid
gain

pedal

tone
drive
level
Quote by laszlo13
ok So i cant get a good recording so thats not going to help anyone if the sound is a shitty quality

ummm i figure ill change my question it you you had to get there tone what would your settings be ie

pres
bass
treb
mid
gain

pedal

tone
drive
level

I've made a preset for my guitar rig 3 that comes pretty close, I'll post the settings of the virtual amp in a bit. Just have to get them from my other laptop.
They use pretty much every high gain head out there. Just get a nice tight thick gain sound and you'll be pretty much there.

The whole KSE tone is as much the multitude of amps as it is Adams production.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Here are the settings I use :

(all are O'clock)
Master : 5
volume: 2
gain: 5
Bass: 2,5
Mid: 11
Treble: 5
Presence: 4