Hey all. I heard this Japanese anime song (from Requiem for a Phantom) and I thought the solo was pretty badass. It's not a hard solo, but I can't really figure it out by ear... it'd be awesome if someone can tab/guitar pro it out for me.

Here's the video, I linked it the the part where the solo starts (otherwise it begins at like 4:08)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_voyKeUQpo&feature=player_detailpage#t=249s

Thanks!
7 bumps ftw!!
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
Now to helping! It sounds really pentatonic/blues scale. Figure out the Kay and it seems pretty easy.
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
Hey, I had a go at figuring it out. Sounds pretty accurate to me. Have a look and see what you think. Some of the timings might be a bit off on the tab, but you can just play to the timing of the song. Enjoy
Attachments:
Solo Tab.gp5
That's seriously awesome, ben94! Thanks!

I'll try to learn some more scales this time and see if I can figure out some more stuff by myself.
Damn, how come I never downloaded the OST? I was in love with the show when it first came out! I fell in love with the piano tracks but where/when was there guitar? I thought you were crazy. It's just me ;D

edit- I did download the OST, I think it was around the time I just started and didn't bother trying to ear things out. Thanks for the thread, I'll be going ost hunting for songs with guitar
Last edited by jim007 at Sep 4, 2011,