I can pick thru a fish and chips, mxr 6, mxr10.

The mxr is the expensive one out of the 3 for 120 dollars. But it comes with a power supply.

I want a quite pedal no noises when i click it on. Some what durable. I have a gig once a month.

What i want this for is to boost my tone for solos.

for example i use my amp tone. When its solo time i hit the pedal and solo. Click the pedal when done. Or shape the tone already.

I use a fender hss threw a blackstar ht40
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Aug 11, 2011,
Is english your second lanagauge? A few of your threads have been hard to understand...

Go with the 10 band if you can afford it.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
Is english your second lanagauge? A few of your threads have been hard to understand...

Go with the 10 band if you can afford it.

funny how you cant spell, but belittle me. LOL . Also funny how this is the only forum in Internet history who gives me a hard time EVERY TIME i make a post.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
I can hardly understand what you are saying. When you start a thread, make sure you can understand what you are saying.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
this is not helping me pick a eq pedal.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/danelectro-dj14-fish-and-chips-7-band-eq-pedal/151873000000000 is this pedal durable and quite?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Aug 11, 2011,
Well maybe if we could understand your posts, more people would help you.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ugh... seriously just answer his question...

TS, since you're looking for a volume boost for solos, you might be better off with an overdrive pedal. If you really want tone shaping possibilities, save up your money and get the 10 band MXR.

However, it seems like you might not be sure exactly what you want your EQ pedal to do for you, so if you want to experiment with EQ for a short while to see if it gives you what you want the Fish 'n Chips would be a good place to start for a smaller investment. It's not as durable as the 10 band, but it'll give you an idea if an EQ pedal is what you need (although I have a sneaking suspicion you would do better with an overdrive).
Last edited by Helicopters! at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by silly6-string

The pedals that I am looking at are: a fish and chips, mxr 6, mxr10.

I find the mxr to be the expensive one out of the 3 as it is 120 dollars, although, it does come with a power supply.

I want a quiet pedal that is durable as I have a gig every month.

The point of this pedal is to boost my tone for solos.

For example, when I want to solo through my amp, I want to simply click on the pedal which I have already previously calibrated, solo, then switch it back off when done.

I am currently using a fender hss through a blackstar ht40

Fixed* to the best of my ability and patience.

Now, maybe a tubescreamer etc. is a better option than an EQ?
Last edited by conor-figgy at Aug 11, 2011,
ty for the english lesson. back to pedals.

I have a ocd. how would i use it as a boost just keep my amp channel on gain and when i want more volume just hit pedal? Its got a vol knob on it.

Does the fish quickly go threw battery's?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Just go all out and buy the 10 band this way you don't have to come back here in a few days/weeks/months asking which one to buy because 6 bands isn't enough now. A friend of mine uses his 10 band for boosting solos, sounds great. Go with that.

Don't think of it as a purchase, think of it as an investment.

EDIT: If you have an OCD, then why haven't you tried it as a boost? Do you experiment with your rig at all? Also, don't rely on batteries, especially if you gig, even if it is only once a month. In vest in either a daisy chain power supply, or a power brick. I cannot suggest the Voodoo labs PP2+ enough.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Aug 11, 2011,
10 bands are always handy, but the 6 band may be enough for classic rock. Prog metal is more of a heavy eq genre lol. Get the MXRs, the dano is like a toy compared to them.

You can always look into a pickup booster or overdrive pedal like a tube screamer for lead boosts.
Nobodies giving you grief, theyre just saying your post was hard to read. Which it was...

You dont need the 10 band really, nobody does. The 6 band MXR is enough.

I wouldnt say its a bad idea to use an EQ as a boost for lead work. Itll help you cut through much better without there being too much of a volume boost and muddying up the low end.

You need to learn how to EQ though.
Quote by silly6-string
funny how you cant spell, but belittle me. LOL . Also funny how this is the only forum in Internet history who gives me a hard time EVERY TIME i make a post.

I'm not trying to belittle you, I'm just curious because the structure of your sentences are strange And yes, I can spell. Simple typing error, chill brah
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Lower the gain and up the volume. Anytime you boost anything it's going to add more gain...that's all volume is anyway; gain.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
If you want more volume turn the level up
And if you want to keep the same amount of gain turn the drive knob down. Eq is great to have but it doesnt sound like its what your looking for
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
may be i dont need a eq at all. Maybe i need to may by turn my vol down for rhythm and stuff and solo time put my vol on 10. What do you think?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by championguitar
If you want more volume turn the level up
And if you want to keep the same amount of gain turn the drive knob down. Eq is great to have but it doesnt sound like its what your looking for

ok so in my chain. I got fuzz for some tunes.wah and a eq. IM gonna get mxr 6. How would i put this in the chain.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
First, so you don't double post anymore, there is an edit button so you can make changes to your original post. Try and use that so that you don't clutter the forums.

Second, what fuzz are you using, in what sort of application? If it is so lound, do you really need a boost?

Third, yes, you CAN turn down your guitar's volume to say, 6 or 7, then turn it up to 10 for leads. Just remember, any decrease in volume through your guitar's volume knobs is also a decrease in gain because less of the signal generated by the pickups is making it to your preamp.

Fourth, figure out what you want before posting a thread and then getting all wishy washy. We want to help you. I want to help you. Yet, it seems like every thread you make, you post one idea, then someone else mentions another one and then you're like "ZOMG GOTTA TRY DAT!" I understand that you are excited about your tone and possibly new gear, but do some research before you make a thread and then once suggestions are made, do more research. Taking the time to do so could make your life easier and you could even possibly learn something that someone on the boards may not know.

Ultimately, this forum is a tool. Tools can help or harm. Right now, you are using it for more of it's harm function. I'm not trying to bash you, but your threads tend to get derailed/off-topic/out of hand quite quickly. Give proper grammar and sentence structure a shot, it gives you the appearance of maturity and professionality (I might have just made that word up).
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
First, so you don't double post anymore, there is an edit button so you can make changes to your original post. Try and use that so that you don't clutter the forums.

Second, what fuzz are you using, in what sort of application? If it is so lound, do you really need a boost?

Third, yes, you CAN turn down your guitar's volume to say, 6 or 7, then turn it up to 10 for leads. Just remember, any decrease in volume through your guitar's volume knobs is also a decrease in gain because less of the signal generated by the pickups is making it to your preamp.

Fourth, figure out what you want before posting a thread and then getting all wishy washy. We want to help you. I want to help you. Yet, it seems like every thread you make, you post one idea, then someone else mentions another one and then you're like "ZOMG GOTTA TRY DAT!" I understand that you are excited about your tone and possibly new gear, but do some research before you make a thread and then once suggestions are made, do more research. Taking the time to do so could make your life easier and you could even possibly learn something that someone on the boards may not know.

Ultimately, this forum is a tool. Tools can help or harm. Right now, you are using it for more of it's harm function. I'm not trying to bash you, but your threads tend to get derailed/off-topic/out of hand quite quickly. Give proper grammar and sentence structure a shot, it gives you the appearance of maturity and professionality (I might have just made that word up).

no offense taken. hmm fuzz is loud meaning feedback. hitting the button and boom. Its a biyang fuzz. I like to use it for sunshine of your love and paranoid.

to be honest i dont know what the hell i want. I just hate loud pedals. They annoy me. WHat i "need" really is a mic to mic my amp. Not pedals hehe.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Well, like I said, do some research. Check out these sites:

Click on "Who Plays What" and do a search for a band/artist for this site http://www.uberproaudio.com/
And http://guitargeek.com/ may be outdated for certain artists, but it appears that they are up and running again. Check the date next to the article before trusting it for updated tones, but historic ones are solid.

Find out what pedals/amps/guitars/pickup combinations your favorite artists use to get the tones they have and use that as a compass or a guidepost to point you in the right direction, not to clone the tone.

Second, most fuzz pedals (which one are you using?) have a gain and a volume knob (even if it is not actually called "volume")...they are essentially crazy overdrive pedals. Turn down the volume if it's too loud. Simple as that Also, if you're getting feedback, that is the product of a few factors:

1. Your pickups are too close to the speaker. Feedback is short for feedback loop. Think of it as standing in between 2 mirrors and seeing an infinite number of yourself. That's a good example of feedback; your pickups are producing a signal, the speaker expells it, the pickups then pick up that signal the speaker expells and expells it again, then the expelled signal that the pickups picked up, pick it up again, etc etc etc...so just stand further away from the amp while playing.

2. Back off the gain. People usually need a lot less gain than they think they do.

3. Face away from the amp when you play. The tone may be perceived as changing because your ears may not be facing the speaker in the right direction anymore (this goes into speaker dispersion, don't worry about it now) but it is still the same and reduces the chances of feed back.

Also, why do you need to mic your amp, and in what situations? Practice? Jamming? Shows?

If you need to mic when you're practicing, that's just silly. Micing while jamming isn't impractical, but you have a 40 watt tube amp, you have NO problem getting heard over a drummer. Micing at shows depends on the venue, granted most places that have a PA and a sound guy will mic your amp for you. If it's a back yard or basement party, don't even worry about it. Chances are there aren't enough people to require micing.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
usually i mic for bigger shows. I just bought a shure 57 to mic. I only mic for shows.

Practice i dont mic

You described everything i did to make my fuzz get loud feedback. LOL funny enough you were right.

Thank you for the site ill have a look at them.

Im happy with my sound. I have a jam track in profile. Thrill is gone. Not great but its me playing. I love the sound of my amp. All these pedals are before my current amp.

Your right the one show i played the guy provided the mic. Is that normal? They provide the stuff to mic me?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Yes, it is normal (usually). If you are playing a respectable venue, place that usually hosts shows, they will (I keep saying usually for a reason) have a sound guy and house PA with a whole mess of cables and mics. So, now that you have a mic, record some shit and share it with us!

Also, good job on the grammar/sentences, getting better
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
ya i love my amp has such great tone by it self.

I need to learn to play guitar better before i get all these bells and whistles.

Thanks again for help i really do app it

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
No problem dude, and instead of starting a new thread, shoot me a pm next time. If I can't answer, then you can start a new thread. Until then, let's let this one die.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
TS, if you weren't such a douche, someone might help. All he did was ask if English is your second language. If it is, then chill, it wasn't an insult. If it's your first language, go to school and learn something.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
TS, if you weren't such a douche, someone might help. All he did was ask if English is your second language. If it is, then chill, it wasn't an insult. If it's your first language, go to school and learn something.

Dude, it was all settled then you come in and blow up with a bunch of bullshit. Maybe if you took the time to read through the thread (or at least most of it) you would see that the problem was resolved. Now please, just let this thread die. Calm down and be happy I don't report YOU for being the douche.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I read the first page, which was all I needed to see of you blowing up on a guy for little- no reason. But I deal with assholes as part of my job so:

"Yes sir, you have a nice day."

Telling you off when you aren't being even vaguely civil to another guy is not a bannable offense yet, maybe when you run the forum it will be but until then, yeah, you can report me for "being a douche."
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 11, 2011,
First off, I wasn't ripping on the guy, I was offering constructive critisism. Don't know why you're getting on his shit when he has done nothing to you. You know his reputation, avoid his threads. No need to thrash him to pimp up your ego dude. Now just let the thread die already, HIS problem is solved, obviously yours isn't.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals