I'm not too experienced with Epiphone and I don't know which models are worth getting, so can someone check out this guitar and see if it's any good as a backup guitar?

http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Collection-Electric-Vintage-Sunburst/dp/B0002CZUTM/ref=sr_1_41?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1313080409&sr=1-41

I've been DYING for a single cutaway body guitar, and the Agile I bought a few months ago I really wasn't happy with (should have gotten a different model), so i'm looking into some other brands, and I've heard some decent things about Epiphone.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
its not a bad guitar, its not particularly good either, its cheap so you get what you pay for. My friend had one as his first guitar and it sounded alright but pretty weak as you'd expect, seemed pretty reliable though, never gave him any problems during 5 or so years of bedroom and band practice playing
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I've played them in the store before. They honestly never really impressed me. I want to like them because the price is right, they're lightweight, and they look decent. But they felt VERY cheap to me when I played them.

If that's your price range and you like the single-cutaway look, I'd go for something like an Ibanez ART100 or an ESP LTD EC-100. I think you'd find a much better bang for your buck with either of those. They cost about the same as the LP-100 but they don't feel as cheap (to me anyway).
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
You're in the "starter guitar" price range with that model. For $399 you can get a new Epi Standard.
Moving on.....
It is a beginner guitar, the cheapest Epi I would buy is the Vintage G-400 it's $299. The cheaper lines of Epi are pretty bad, but as you go up there are some real good finds.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It's not bad, but trust me...if you have an Agile, the Agile is probably much better.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
The guitar I REALLY want is completely out of my price range at this point

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Ultra-II-Electric-Guitar-515624-i1600686.gc?&source=4WWRWXGB#

In faded cherry <3
Oh well, I can always dream.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
For the price of that Ultra you could get a used Epi Elitist that would blow it out of the water.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
For the price of that Ultra you could get a used Epi Elitist that would blow it out of the water.

Or I could get a used Ultra and save some money
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Don't bother. Bolt on LP's are always a no go.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X