Pretty much as the title says.

Any hoo, I would like:

-25.5" Scale length
-24 Frets
-Tremolo
-Passive pick ups
-Preferably not an Ibanez (I don't like the necks)
-Rather not have a super strat
-I would rather have an 'extreme' shape, V or explorer most preferable, but if you want to recommend an LP or something, I'm cool with that too

It's only for experimenting with, so £500 max. I'm buying new, most likely ordering online. I'm in Belfast Ireland. It's going to be used to play mainly Thrash and Heavy Metal, maybe a bit of Power or Death Metal as well.

Thank you for any help.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
That's kind of tricky. LTD are coming out with a 7 string V but it's a hardtail. I think Schecter did some 7 string Vs, but they all had EMGs and are out of your price range.

I think you'll have to settle for a superstrat.

It's not that big a deal if it's a super strat. I'm just getting bored of seeing them all the time. As long as it's not an Ibanez it's no big deal. Hell even an Ibanez wouldn't be that bad, as long as it wasn't one of their wizard necks.
I'm pretty sure Schecter has a 7-string model that fits in your price range. I think it's the Omen.
All Schecter 7's are 25.5" to my knowledge, but as for the passive pickups I'm not sure they have any available. Perhaps an Agile?

http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html
I've not played a 7-string before, but I have a 5-string bass. I have a LTD F-155DX. A neck slightly thick than that would be nice I think.
Quote by mlukeroberts222
I'm pretty sure Schecter has a 7-string model that fits in your price range. I think it's the Omen.

its called the omen 7 extreme but it doesn't have a tremolo
My Gear:

BC Rich Metal Master
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Coffin Case Blood drive
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Marshall DSL 401
Last edited by cameronol at Aug 11, 2011,
Agile has a few that fit your descriptions nicely actually. I know people will call me an Agile fanboy, but with your specs you listed, agile really is the best bet.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I would strongly recommend a Schecter C7 Hellraiser with a TonePro bridge. It's ever so slightly above the 500-pound price limit you set but it is a wonderful guitar. I know you said you'd like to avoid SS body styles but give it a whirl and I'll bet you'll love it. Coil tapping lets you get a range of sounds for a decent price.

I picked mine up for $650 after I talked the sales guy down from $849. Mine had an extremely small blemish on the fretboard- difficult to spot. Anything like that is leverage for a price drop.
You should be able to find a used RG1527 for that kind of price, look around a bit, it'll be worth the money and the wait, they're incredible guitars if you don't buy one new.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Jesus F-in Christ, stop recommending agile, he's in Ireland!!
Last edited by W4RP1G at Aug 11, 2011,
Schecter sells their Blackjack, C-7, and Hellraiser C-7 models for about £560. They are all superstrats, but have a thicker neck than Ibanez and come with great hardware, my friend has one, I plan on getting a Hellraiser C-7 in the near future. You might also check out Agile guitars, but again those will probably be over your price range as well.
Quote by W4RP1G
Jesus F-in Christ, stop recommending agile, he's in Ireland!!

I live in Scandinavia, I ordered an Agile. No problems were had.

Now stop being such a scrub and do your research.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Aug 11, 2011,
Thanks for the recommendations guys! I had a look at some of Agiles stuff. Found a couple that I would be interested in. Though, does any one have a guesstimate how much shipping to NI would cost, and how likely am I to get raped by HM Customs taxes?

Also, does any body have any experience with this? It's a bit over my budget, but not by much, and there's only minor things about it I don't like (mainly pick-ups, but they can be changed). I could live with the majority of what I dislike.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I live in Scandinavia, I ordered an Agile. No problems were had.

Now stop being such a scrub and do your research.

It's not logical to forgo the warranty and pay ridiculous shipping for a Korean guitar when you can find a local or European retailer. Nice attempt though
Quote by ChucklesMginty
As it's a 7 you might prefer a thinner neck, if you've never played one before I wouldn't recommend buying one online without trying anyway.

If you're willing to try Ibanez, try the S7420. The ZR bridge is really good. Much better than the Edge III or pretty much any other licensed trem in your price range. The stock pickups are kind muddy, but they can be replaced.

Exactly what i was going to say

EDIT: the C-7 hell raiser has everything except passive and extreme shape i think, but i also think its a bit over budget
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Aug 11, 2011,