SO yesterday I was at the thrift store and found a really old classical guitar, with a case. The case was a Lifton from 1948 so thats not a problem but the guitar is whats puzzeling me. It was hand made and a lot of attention was paid to the guitar. It has a black head stock a maple neck the sides and back are a dark colored wood with black and white binding and a spruce top. It has black and white binding around the sound hole and clould inlays on the neck. It is old though. deffinatly not from the 80ies. Does anyone have any info on this thing? I wish I had a pic but I don't. there aren't other stamps or papers in the guitar.
Without any manufacturer stickers or anything, and without seeing it, it'd be really difficult to tell you anything about it; nigh impossible really. You could perhaps take it to a luthier (guitar workman) and he should be able to give you some info on it. If it's not too expensive, and it's got a solid top, I'd jump at it, because with it being that old, if the top's solid, it's going to sound absolutely amazing by now! If you don't know how to tell if the top is solid, here's a link that'll help (scroll down a bit): http://www.musicfolk.com/docs/Features/Feature_HowtoBuyaGuitar.htm

If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to help to the best of my ability.