My 700 watt Trace Elliot RAH350SMX bass amp. Since my Valveking died, and is very unreliable, I needed a new amp to play on, so, I went and got fuse holders for my amp, and my questions I asked in the GB&C never got answered, so I went ahead and just replaced them, got the fuses, hooked it up to my B-52 half stack, and it worked! Sounds awesome, tube is a little old, and causing some nasty clipping, but I'll fix that too.

Anyways, I put my Ibanez TS9 in the effects loop one, since running it up front makes for a very very weak signal, and it sounded great, nice and creamy, but it doesn't have enough gain, so I need a good pedal, either a OD with some nice crunch to it, or a distortion pedal that has a nice, smooth, crisp distortion.

My budget is about $120, and I'm not looking for any particular tone, because I like to find my own, but just, a nice, smooth, bu crisp sounding OD or distortion.

Oh, and if you are curious, the cab is 480 watts at 4 ohms, and the amp is 700 watts peak power at 4 ohms, and I can hardly get it about 1/2 of 1 on the output gain, cause it's louder than my 50 watt tube amp at 3.

I've tried the HardWire SC-2, I use to own one, and I didn't fancy it. Just fyi.

Thanks for any help guys.

EDIT: I'm playing guitar though this set up...TLDR, I need a good OD or distortion pedal that sounds good though a high quality Hybrid bass amp for electric guitar.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Aug 11, 2011,
I've heard of people doing 2 TS9s on top of each other? Other than that $120 narrows your choices some.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

try the Digitech Hardwire tube Overdrive. does the TS thing and has a mod switch to up the gain. very responsive eq as well. not totally convinced that an overdrive is the way to go though. i'd try a few distortion pedals through the clean channel as well. the Hardwire distortion pedal is really good and of course i'll mention the Metal Muff as well (yes tom it sucks we know )
I say a deltalabs tune driver, orgasmic.

Also a TS9 in effects loop? Thats something i almost never hear XD
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
I say a deltalabs tune driver, orgasmic.

Also a TS9 in effects loop? Thats something i almost never hear XD

It has 2 effects loops, effect loop 1 has no volume control on it, and I believe it is a loop that's before the preamp so you don't have to go in though the input, because the input has a switch for active pickups, and passive pickups. Effect loop 2 has a 2 volumes to it, a master, and a post, so you can adjust the volume of the effect at maximum effect, and then you can dial it in on the front, so it's just right. It also is behind the preamp, where most guitar amp effect loops would be.

It's really useful actually.

I'll look into that, I have a Delta Labs SC-1 and I love it, great pedal.
i have no idea how well it'll work thru a bass amp but i loved the vox ice 9. it had a really nice, super smooth overdrive tone and was pretty easy to really tweak what your after. for my distortion i use an mxr full bore. it is straight a balls to the wall distortion that does nothing but melt your face off. so if THATS wat your after (very saturated, super high gain) try the full bore, for just about everything else give the ice nine a shot
Quote by andrerist
i have no idea how well it'll work thru a bass amp but i loved the vox ice 9. it had a really nice, super smooth overdrive tone and was pretty easy to really tweak what your after. for my distortion i use an mxr full bore. it is straight a balls to the wall distortion that does nothing but melt your face off. so if THATS wat your after (very saturated, super high gain) try the full bore, for just about everything else give the ice nine a shot

I'll look into that Vox, sounds nice, but for distortion, I'm not looking for alot of gain, certainly not more than my Valveking, because this amp wont handle that much gain, but just enough to get some hard rock tones, because this is nowhere near a metal amp. Just, a perfect clean amp.
then if all you want is a nice overdrive i think that vox will really do it for you. with my vht with everything cranked it could go from just a little bit of grit in a clean channel to just barely on the threshold of high gain with everything cranked on a dirty channel. its a super versatile pedal and has a really really great tone. and you could also try the vox satchurator as well. its a distortion so it will give you a slightly different tone but still sounds great. i've used both, i loved em both. they are both joe satriani signature pedals and they sound awesome