How simple is it to change a magnet on a pickup. I might want to change an Alnico II to an Alnico V for a sharper attack and in my opinion, better highs. Will changing the magnet have any adverse effects?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

It's not difficult to replace the magnet, but it is difficult to get a specific tone out of it. You might get something that's too bright or too muddy. Replacing the magnet will affect the pickup's inductance and efficiency. It's hard to predict what it will sound like.

I'm not trying to discourage you from experimenting, but if you have a specific tone in mind, it's easier to just buy a pickup that's been designed for that particular sound.
Well, I like the tone of my Pearly Gates, I just wish that it had a little more "oomph" and I though the Alnico V would be an improvement in that department. I had heard of people changing ceramics to Alnico V's so I wondered.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?