Page 1 of 2
Since about 14 years old I have had unnatural bad luck, "hauntings" (as my family/friends call them), and various just out there happenings. Anyone have any opinions on wtf may be going on? I literally feel like whatever is going on may be driving me actually insane. Everyone has nicknamed the weird shit "Karma Ghost". I have done my best to convince myself it isnt anything taht cant be explained but after some of the things that have gone on, I have to kinda stray from nihilism and start to think there is something else going on.
That ghost is going to rape you silly man.

Not really.
But I duno, I see and hear freaky shit sometimes. Maybe you're paranoid.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
My girlfriend tells me that this thread does not need trolling, so ... er ...

i guess
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Just what is happening?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by McTodd
My girlfriend tells me that this thread does not need trolling, so ... er ...

i guess

Doesn't need trolling but the bolded part suggests differently
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Someone might have put a curse on you. Just throwing that out there as a possibility.
Large Signature = Compensating for Small Penis.
Depending on how serious it is, as you were quite vague, seek psychological help.
can you give some more details about the situations?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
His bad luck has probably caused him to fall down a well.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Kensai
Just what is happening?

Within the past 5 years or so I have had three recurring dreams non-stop (the same three every ****ing time), lights in my houses have gone on and off one even bursted, I have came home and thought I heard people having a conversation in my room (went in my room, no one there), doors have slammed shut (me and various friend and family have experienced this). Sounds really fake and what-not Im sure, but we have moved three times and everytime it seems to get worse. My grandmal has told me I could have a "negative entity" attatched to me. Im honestly not to into actually believing ghost and shit, but there isnt much of another explanation.

Its gotten to the point where its taken a mental toll on me. Very stressed. I feel like im being....I guess "attacked" in a way.
Last edited by NihilistNixon at Aug 11, 2011,
I know what is happening, everyone is telling you that you're ****ed up and you're starting to believe it yourself, so it keeps happening to you.
Quote by Zeletros
I know what is happening, everyone is telling you that you're ****ed up and you're starting to believe it yourself, so it keeps happening to you.

Thats been my main thought until recently when people have seen things with me. Its nt like these things only happen when Im alone. Its random times random days.
Quote by due 07
Depending on how serious it is, as you were quite vague, seek psychological help.

This, maybe. I dunno, i get paranoid for no real reason at night sometimes and end up really on edge, but i know it's because i've got some serious anxiety problems going way back, that cause various problems for me.

Then again, we don't have much info so i'm not gonna say TS is nuts or whatever yet, we need more details on what is actually happening.

Quote by NihilistNixon
Within the past 5 years or so I have had three recurring dreams non-stop (the same three every ****ing time), lights in my houses have gone on and off one even bursted, I have came home and thought I heard people having a conversation in my room (went in my room, no one there), doors have slammed shut (me and various friend and family have experienced this). Sounds really fake and what-not Im sure, but we have moved three times and everytime it seems to get worse. My grandmal has told me I could have a "negative entity" attatched to me. Im honestly not to into actually believing ghost and shit, but there isnt much of another explanation.

Its gotten to the point where its taken a mental toll on me. Very stressed. I feel like im being....I guess "attacked" in a way.

See, this is kind of weird ._. I'm not sure what i'd do in a situation like that, if other people are having this happen around them too then that's pretty serious. Although just to point out 1 thing, there is one thing that can happen where like, if you have a bit of ambient noise in the background then it seems to me that it can be heard as voices or like a radio on or something. I have this and my friend has it too from what i've been told, i think that this is down to my brain interpreting random noise as basically actual sounds.

Although one time for ages at like 3am i used to hear the electric keyboard being played in the front room. No one was ever in there, it was creepy.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by NihilistNixon
Within the past 5 years or so I have had three recurring dreams non-stop (the same three every ****ing time),

you have bad dreams like 90% of other people

Quote by NihilistNixon
lights in my houses have gone on and off one even bursted,

you have some dodgy wiring

Quote by NihilistNixon
I have came home and thought I heard people having a conversation in my room (went in my room, no one there),

you can hear people next door, or this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomenon

Quote by NihilistNixon
doors have slammed shut (me and various friend and family have experienced this).

the wind

Quote by NihilistNixon
Sounds really fake and what-not Im sure, but we have moved three times and everytime it seems to get worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

Quote by NihilistNixon
My grandmal has told me I could have a "negative entity" attatched to me.

Quote by NihilistNixon
Im honestly not to into actually believing ghost and shit, but there isnt much of another explanation.

No, I guess not.
Quote by NihilistNixon

I think you're just thinking about these things more than normal people do, even though these "phenomonems" are happening to everyone. Doors slamming shut, voices being heard, lights going out, it happens to everyone. You however have got a frame where you think it's because you're haunted (your crazy grandma isn't helping with that frame) even though it's completely normal.

These things happening aren't that uncommon at all. Just relax man. If you can't relax, go see a shrink. Maybe your school has a counsellor.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by NihilistNixon
Since about 14 years old I have had unnatural bad luck, "hauntings" (as my family/friends call them), and various just out there happenings. Anyone have any opinions on wtf may be going on? I literally feel like whatever is going on may be driving me actually insane. Everyone has nicknamed the weird shit "Karma Ghost". I have done my best to convince myself it isnt anything taht cant be explained but after some of the things that have gone on, I have to kinda stray from nihilism and start to think there is something else going on.

I see what is going on here. Committed nihilist sees something that cannot be explained by random chance or science and assumes it must be ghosts.

Cool story brah.
So wait, you think you have bad luck because some doors have slammed shut, light bulbs have burned out, and you have reoccuring dreams?

Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Oh come on, the wind doesn't blow within your house. The other explanations are fine but this is farfetched, you would know if a door had slammed from the wind within the confines of your home or not..

I assume you never open your windows? Never have a heat gradient in rooms (which causes movement of air -- wind)? Seriously, this is grade school-level stuff.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Quote by Zoot Allures
Oh come on, the wind doesn't blow within your house. The other explanations are fine but this is farfetched, you would know if a door had slammed from the wind within the confines of your home or not..

When I said the wind, I meant air pressure. When rooms are (more or less) airtight and the pressure is high enough, something large moving around - like, say, a person - can affect the air flow enough to move a door. Doors are light, man.

And don't tell me you're more willing to believe it's ghosts. Conjecture based on known fact > conjecture based on ghosts.
Quote by McTodd
you have bad dreams like 90% of other people

you have some dodgy wiring

you can hear people next door, or this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomenon

the wind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

No, I guess not.

Faulty wiring wouldnt sound like people talking, then cut off as soon as I open my door. The bad dreams are from stress, taht Im pretty sure of, but the stress is coming from the weird shit. I dont really have alot of things to be stressed about besides scary weird shit. The rest of what you put is you trying to be on a high horse and look like you have answers to life. Swing and a miss. My grandpal tried saying the same stuff until me, him, and my mom were having dinner here and mom's door slammed shut.
Quote by McTodd
When I said the wind, I meant air pressure. When rooms are (more or less) airtight and the pressure is high enough, something large moving around - like, say, a person - can affect the air flow enough to move a door. Doors are light, man.

And don't tell me you're more willing to believe it's ghosts. Conjecture based on known fact > conjecture based on ghosts.

listen I wish I could be if-ish about ghost. I always make fun of people talking about ghosts and paranormal shit but I have seen what Ive seen and heard what Ive heard.
Your house has probably been possessed by a demon, so you're not going crazy. Does this reassure you?
Quote by NihilistNixon
Faulty wiring wouldnt sound like people talking, then cut off as soon as I open my door. The bad dreams are from stress, taht Im pretty sure of, but the stress is coming from the weird shit. I dont really have alot of things to be stressed about besides scary weird shit. The rest of what you put is you trying to be on a high horse and look like you have answers to life. Swing and a miss. My grandpal tried saying the same stuff until me, him, and my mom were having dinner here and mom's door slammed shut.

OK, you win, it was ghosts.
Quote by wyldething
I assume you never open your windows? Never have a heat gradient in rooms (which causes movement of air -- wind)? Seriously, this is grade school-level stuff.

I hate opening my windows, and i'm saying it's quite obvious if a door slams due to the wind or not..
Quote by ZombieCommando
Your house has probably been possessed by a demon, so you're not going crazy. Does this reassure you?

**** no.rotfl I just want someone to be like, "BOOM! No more weird shit" or atleast have similiar shit going on.
Here's your problem. You believe shit's gonna go bad, so it will. If you start going, "Shit's gonna go well" (even when shit isn't going well), then you'll start seeing shit go well.
If you want "BOOM! No more weird shit." call your local church if you believe you're being haunted by ghosts.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by McTodd

I'm not saying it's 'ghosts' at all. a 'ghost' implys some dead person that has somehow returned , it's a huge leap of logic to start with all that. All i'm saying is it's obvious if the wind has made a door slam or not in your own house. If a load of weird shit is happening to him then it's stupid to try to shoehorn a badly fitting explanation to it. Maybe he's making it all up, maybe it was the wind and he didn't notice, or he was convinced it couldn't be due to other things, i don't know but i'm not going to try to fob everything strange off as 'the wind' or other possibly badly fitting explanations.
Quote by Gorelord666
If you want "BOOM! No more weird shit." call your local church if you believe you're being haunted by ghosts.

I wonder what the local pastor would say to that.
Feel like I need to say this.....I call bullsh*t :P....That is all class.
Last edited by BaneOfExistance at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
i don't know but i'm not going to try to fob everything strange off as 'the wind' or other possibly badly fitting explanations.

Occam's razor, bud. The simplest explanation is likely the best. You know nothing about the conditions under which OP's doors shut, yet you are bashing anyone who provides a legitimate (and likely correct) cause. Have fun with that.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Quote by Zoot Allures
I'm not saying it's 'ghosts' at all. a 'ghost' implys some dead person that has somehow returned , it's a huge leap of logic to start with all that. All i'm saying is it's obvious if the wind has made a door slam or not in your own house. If a load of weird shit is happening to him then it's stupid to try to shoehorn a badly fitting explanation to it. Maybe he's making it all up, maybe it was the wind and he didn't notice, or he was convinced it couldn't be due to other things, i don't know but i'm not going to try to fob everything strange off as 'the wind' or other possibly badly fitting explanations.

In all fairness, I was going for humour/shock value on that one. My point remains though - it's definitely not something weird going on. And by definitely I mean if it turns out TS is being haunted and can provide conclusive evidence of that then I'm buying everyone in this thread a beer.

I don't mean to come across as rude or inflammatory, and I certainly don't mean anybody or their beliefs any disrespect, but everyone ought to know better than even considering the possibility that something supernatural is going on to explain what is essentially a collection of typically mundane phenomena.
Last edited by McTodd at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by McTodd
In all fairness, I was going for humour/shock value on that one. My point remains though - it's definitely not something weird going on. And by definitely I mean if it turns out TS is being haunted and can provide conclusive evidence of that then I'm buying everyone in this thread a beer.

I don't mean to come across as rude or inflammatory, and I certainly don't mean anybody or their beliefs any disrespect, but everyone ought to know better than even considering the possibility that something supernatural is going on to explain what is essentially a collection of typically mundane phenomena.

Nah bro, youre cool. I understand it sounds like some sillyshit and God how i wish I could still pass it off as that.lol When I get a phone I will post some videos of odd things.
Well yeah, unless it's one of these, in which case, good luck trying to get rid of that!

You are being haunted by a demon, ffs dude have you not seen Paranormal Activity
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by wyldething
Occam's razor, bud. The simplest explanation is likely the best. You know nothing about the conditions under which OP's doors shut, yet you are bashing anyone who provides a legitimate (and likely correct) cause. Have fun with that.

I'm not bashing anyone, nor am i dismissing the things outright. If you read my post you'll see i even said it could be the wind and he didn't notice. I'm also not dismissing the explainations that people dislike too, not 'ghosts' by the way before you start saying i've said that, but if something genuinely weird is happening then i think it's stupid to try to dismiss the situation with an explanation that by the sounds of it does not fit well in this case.

Ultimately TS could be mentally ill, or maybe he's just becoming paranoid, or could be lying, plenty of people lie about all sorts of stuff, or maybe he's telling us the situation more accurately and something weird is going on. If i was having doors slam shut around me i would be annoyed if everyone i told tried to say it was the wind when it was obviously not which is why i'm not dismissing that outright.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 11, 2011,
In reality, you might have a mental disease. Or just gullible or stupid.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Page 1 of 2