Hey guys, a year and a half ago, my Ex sold me a bad LP knockoff for me to mess around with, i paid £40 for it, stripped it, refinished, and the neck snapped ( a big ffs moment)

Now, her parents, and her, are trying to contact me telling me to give it back. seemings i paid money for it ( i have no proof, apart from the word of a pal) .

should i just tell them that i paid for it. and thats that?
( she also sold on a case of mine with an ibanez art 300 she sold, the case was bought new for about £30)

im unsure of what to do with the situation pit.
You bought it, it's yours, end of.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by Lespauljames
a year and a half ago

Quote by Lespauljames

Now, her parents, and her, are trying to contact me telling me to give it back.

Quote by Lespauljames

should i just tell them that i paid for it. and thats that?

Yes. Why the hell would they bring it up so late for something not that valuable?
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
yeah dude, you paid for it, put money into to fix it, it's your guitar! her parents sound like pricks, "oh you broke up with my daughter gimmie the guitar back." what are they f*cking 3 years old?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Do they have proof they bought the guitar in the first place?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by PanamaJack666
What you really need is a new amp.

What you really need is a new joke...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
1. Repair guitar
2. Use UG to get better
3. Get famous
4. Write song about how bad your ex-gf is
5. Play it on every radio
6. Payback time!
7. ???
8. Profit
9. ???
10. Sell out.
11. More Proftit.
12. Las Vegas
13. ????
14. ?!?!?!?!?
15. √∆Ω箆¨≈⁄Ω†¨∆çø¨Ω√œ⁄Ωç@¨†√œ∫øæ¨
16. Heroin overdose

... Sorry, got a little carried away at the end.
I wouldn't worry about it unless they threaten you with legal action. Just explain in a mature & respectful way the circumstances in which you came into the possession of the guitar.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
thanks guys, level headed responces, the guitar was sitting in the shed due to the headstock and fretboard, and was taken to the dump months ago. although the situation is odd, i need to remember to keep civil, and just explain it all. i think what happened is She didnt tell her parents that she sold it to me. Or, she forgot. but who fogets stuff like that?

Vendetta, i dont think they have proof, it was 4-5 years old before we met, we were together for three years and been apart for one and a half. i dont usually keep receipts for 9 years, and they arent the most organised or tidy people in the world.

if i am confronted, ill just say;
" Your daughter sold me the guitar for a project guitar for £40 when we were still together, I no longer have it, sorry."

Anything else to add to that or does it sound ok,?
Quote by Lespauljames
thanks guys, level headed responces, the guitar was sitting in the shed due to the headstock and fretboard, and was taken to the dump months ago. although the situation is odd, i need to remember to keep civil, and just explain it all. i think what happened is She didnt tell her parents that she sold it to me. Or, she forgot. but who fogets stuff like that?

Vendetta, i dont think they have proof, it was 4-5 years old before we met, we were together for three years and been apart for one and a half. i dont usually keep receipts for 9 years, and they arent the most organised or tidy people in the world.

" Your daughter sold me the guitar for a project guitar for £40 when we were still together, I no longer have it, sorry."

Sounds pretty solid to me!
Quote by Lespauljames

Sounds solid. If they dont have proof that they originally bought the guitar there is absolutely nothing they can do. Best to remain civil though
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.