I bought a set of used Fender American single coils for my Squier Affinity to hold me over for while until I can find an American Strat. Well, I bought 'em and they're on their way, go figure I notice this after the fact.

See the screws on the back of the middle pickup? What are those for? I haven't seen Fender single coil pickups like that before. They came out of a 2007 VG Strat, so I wonder if that was part of the Roland system for something?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
im just guessing, but maybe the ovther covers on bridge and neck SCs are waxed on while on the middle pup its screwed in?
Looks like something may have been wired to those screws at some point. Probably part of that roland modelling thing they have.
I got the pickups today in the mail, they just appear to be screws that were screwed into the hollow space between the poles. I screwed up on the installation and got solder down into the switch housing causing it to short somewhere... so I'll have to order a new switch before I can test these things out
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
I got the pickups today in the mail, they just appear to be screws that were screwed into the hollow space between the poles. I screwed up on the installation and got solder down into the switch housing causing it to short somewhere... so I'll have to order a new switch before I can test these things out

You should be able to see the piece of solder and shake it loose. It doesn't adhere well unless the other piece of metal is copper, nickel or similar and is heated to the same temp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs