Page 1 of 3
I haven't bought anything in ages. It was probably something by a local band.

I was given the Todos Caeran 12" 'After Dark' for free a couple of days ago, if that counts. Other than that, the last I can remember would either be the self titled Kaddish 12" or a Scottish band called Notebooks' debut EP.

I don't pay for stuff.

EDIT: I also bought a copy of the most recent Wolves at Heart EP "Write it Down" when my band toured with them, but they're a pop punk band

I'm not going to post pictures. Fight me.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Aug 11, 2011,
Yeah, I bought a few vinyls at the same time too (BWP - Sleepwalker, Crossbreaker - Lows, Oathbreaker - self-titled 7")
Oathbreaker are probably one of my favourite metallic hardcore bands, sweet female vocals too.
Dead serious. Paying for music is for suckers. I do support voluntary donations to bands and paying for the cost of a physical copy and art, buying merchandise, attending shows, etc.. but paying to listen to music stupid.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
Dead serious. Paying for music is for suckers. I do support voluntary donations to bands and paying for the cost of a physical copy and art, buying merchandise, attending shows, etc.. but paying to listen to music stupid.

Isn't that paying to listen to music?

Obviously I would never been something off of itunes or whatever, but owning a vinyl/cd/tape of a band I love is way better than just having the mp3s on my laptop.
No I'm saying I'll pay cost to own a physical copy (ex. a cassette for $4). I'm not paying for the music on it. Or I'll buy merchandise such as t-shirts. Buying (say) a cd to get the music off of it is what I'm referring to as stupid.
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Aug 11, 2011,
you mean getting the music off of a cd, ripping it onto a computer and then putting it on an ipod?

if that's the case, I agree.
He means he'll pay for the medium but not the content.

I honestly think it's retarded. Bands have to work to make it and thus it has value in it's self. All well and good to say music should be free but bands need to make a living one way or another.

Also:

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Aug 11, 2011,
Real Jobs = More time not making music.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Bands barely make any money from album sales, most of it goes to cover recording/production costs and other shit. Downloading their stuff illegally most likely isn't hurting them much since they make most of their money from touring and merch anyway.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Real Jobs = More time not making music.

and yet...bands that have other jobs on the side tend to make music of higher caliber than "artists" devoting all their time to it. Go figure.
Also, any band that thinks they're ok to base a career around making money from record sales and not adapt to the digital age in any way deserves to be stolen from for arrogance and sheer stupidity.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I don't typically listen to bands that are making a career off of selling music, and if I do I certainly don't pay to do so. Why should I pay someone to do something that should be fun and passionate?

Same reason I don't watch sports.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
No I'm saying I'll pay cost to own a physical copy (ex. a cassette for $4). I'm not paying for the music on it. Or I'll buy merchandise such as t-shirts. Buying (say) a cd to get the music off of it is what I'm referring to as stupid.

This. I was trying to explain this to a Pitter last week. But music files themselves are valueless and fuck artificial scarcity.
Quote by asator
Also, any band that thinks they're ok to base a career around making money from record sales and not adapt to the digital age in any way deserves to be stolen from for arrogance and sheer stupidity.

This too, although I wouldn't say they deserve it. But the markets are fluid, it shouldn't be up to the consumer to fix the industry; the onus of adaptation lies on the industry itself. Labels and musicians need to figure out how to better take advantage of inevitable piracy -- this seems to be working well within the hardcore community -- and use it to build a fanbase or something.
This thread has hipster syndrome. I mean Mike, really...the thread's about vinyl, so obviously it's about buying physical copies. I don't see why the subject got turned to digital stuff in the first place. I mean, I agree - but really?

Eh. I'd take pictures of the last vinyl I bought but I don't feel like it really...I'll just post images off googleimages or whatever...

I think those are my most recent. Under $25 for all of em together. There might have been one other, not sure which one of my 7" it is though.

EDIT: Apparently this thread isn't the one about vinyl, the one a few spots below is. Oops. Oh well
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Aug 12, 2011,
Yeah dude I have all of em on vinyl, I bought a bunch of those from a guy over at deadformat and plague soundscapes was only 5 bucks. I'm guessing he didn't know what he had, because it's an awesome record.

This one's not out yet but I preordered:
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
I bought Touché Amoré's LP. Only because they played a show. I'd never buy from a store or from an online source, I like actually supporting the artist.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by BK202
The same one Converge and United Nations are on, and a bunch of the other hardcore bands I've never been able to get into.

EDIT: Which treats their bands well, I don't know why you'd be opposed to buying from there.

I'll admit my ignorance here, I never really research any label or what have you. I'm quite skeptical on the whole, so I prefer to buy directly from the band themselves. I'll usually throw in an extra five dollars this way as well; food and gas aren't cheap.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Page 1 of 3