Page 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o&feature=feedf
Thoughts?
I don't think it belonged in the other London Riot thread. Not too sure though.

SKEDIT: Higher Quality

SKEDIT 2: How the riot started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbVW_QS2eE
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Last edited by skylerjames13 at Aug 11, 2011,
This shit wouldnt go down in Scotland. Ethnic minorities wouldnt have the balls, or the appropriately insulated clothing.
britain's slowly but surely falling apart, this man's right but of course no-one's listening. cameron couldn't care less unless the banks told him to care. what's happening is inevitable really, young working class people in that area have no future,, no stake in the system so why should they care about it?

does anyone here feel insulted by the way the media talks about working class people? the term seems to have become synonymous with scum in certain areas of the media/government
Last edited by teh_goon at Aug 11, 2011,
Darkus Howe's great, he was on Newsnight and shut up Edwina Curry in a manner similar to that. The BBC's treated him and people with similar points horribly.
Why is race relevant?

*doesn't get it*
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Why is race relevant?

*doesn't get it*

Well, on the Youtube comment section, it's apparently really relevant.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
that's because youtube commenters are generally retarded, race should be irrelevant, but these riots have/have been given a racial tinge, and i'm not sure if it's real or invented, certainly the media loves a scapecoat, cos of course good white christians could never riot
I thought it was just a bunch of stupid kids being stupid kids
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
What do you expect? The BBC aren't interested in real issues or talking about them with people with intelligent or strong opinions, they want you to watch their programmes, same as anyone, just masquerading as a bias-free news entity.
Quote by due 07
I saw this a day or so ago. Absolutely disgusting behavior by the presenter. Way too hostile and vicious.

Here's a better quality version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFak7MRBJw

Ah, thank you Due. I'll put it in the OP.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by teh_goon
that's because youtube commenters are generally retarded, race should be irrelevant, but these riots have/have been given a racial tinge, and i'm not sure if it's real or invented, certainly the media loves a scapecoat, cos of course good white christians could never riot

Real Christians wouldn't cause a riot, only those who claim to be Christian because it makes them look good.

These riots have nothing to do with race, it's just a sad truth that black people tend to take advantage of riots to loot stuff. I mean, it's not like it's a racist thing, it's just a well known fact that everybody is afraid to admit for fear of being called a racist.

Every video I saw of the riots, there were lots of black people involved, and there were a few white people, but the black people were running around in packs, so it's just easier to get a bunch of them on camera.

I love the camera persons ending comment, so true.
The interviewer was an arse, but the guy was wrong when he tried to claim it was an 'insurrection of the people' or whatever he said. It was jus a bunch of chavs taking advantage of an opportunity to be dickheads, nothing more than that.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88
The interviewer was an arse, but the guy was wrong when he tried to claim it was an 'insurrection of the people' or whatever he said. It was jus a bunch of chavs taking advantage of an opportunity to be dickheads, nothing more than that.

Riots are the only way these "chavs" get to have an actual voice.
Quote by due 07

Are you trying to say these riots were justified?? The people n them don't care about 'having a voice', they just wanted to break stuff and get free shit. Pretending it's anything other than that greatly overestimates the intelligence of theses people.
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
I hope his father was called "Even-Darker Howe".

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
RSA doesnt have riots no more but strikes all the way, stupid assholes. work for your raise!
Quote by Random88
Are you trying to say these riots were justified?? The people n them don't care about 'having a voice', they just wanted to break stuff and get free shit. Pretending it's anything other than that greatly overestimates the intelligence of theses people.

the riots weren't motivated. that's not to say you shouldn't look at the underlining cause. why are there so many people like that? try to have a sense of humanity when you reply, not just calling them mindless thugs.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by Random88
Are you trying to say these riots were justified??

No, the riots are indefensible.
Quote by Random88
The people n them don't care about 'having a voice', they just wanted to break stuff and get free shit. Pretending it's anything other than that greatly overestimates the intelligence of theses people.

There are numerous accounts of people believing they are "sticking it to the ruling class." There's even political connotations regarding the opportunists; unemployed people who felt violated and exploited and poor and weak finally got the chance to "have power" for a few days.

The riots were disgusting and harrowing, but you shouldn't ignore the implications of the riots themselves.
I see nothing more than one inappropriate question.

The interviewee also sounds like he brought up race for no reason
Quote by laid-to-waste
the riots weren't motivated. that's not to say you shouldn't look at the underlining cause. why are there so many people like that? try to have a sense of humanity when you reply, not just calling them mindless thugs.

But they are.

There are many, many poor people in the UK, many of whom are there due to failings of the various governments over the years. However, the majority of them are not involved on the riots, and are generally good people in unfortunate situations. The ones looting Poundland, however, are cunts.
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by due 07

when they were asked what it is they want, they stuttered like gareth gates on his first date.

dont be a prat. the fact that they are chavs might have something to do with a fact that they have no connection to society, yada yada, but they are not interested in changing anything.

they dont want to be heard, they want to go around the system, cause they want stuff that they dont think they're gonna get by conventional means.

the working class youth in england is not one big mass of angry kids. it's those kids who still try to make something of their lives, and then there's those who dont think they should have to. make sense of that in your own time, but the fact remains, they need a reality check, and they need it quick.
we love to dehumanise people- refering to rioters as 'mindless thugs' because that;s easier than dealing with the problem. the minute we start treating them as people, rather than an 'underclass', a word i was sickened to see used on the bbc website, we can start addresing the reasons they rioted.

i'm not defending the riots as such, altough of course even they are entitled to a defence as it were, but am saying we must learn from them and progress
Quote by voodoochild23
they dont want to be heard, they want to go around the system, cause they want stuff that they dont think they're gonna get by conventional means.

The last bit is part of my point. They live in rather austere conditions, this is likely the only "wealth redistribution" they will ever experience. I'm not claiming the rioters are consciously using rational consumer economic theory to plan their actions, but they are making their voice heard by participating in the riots. Unfortunately, the media and the rest of the world paints them to be nothing more than mindless thugs as to ignore the fucking context of the whole thing.
Quote by Random88
But they are.

There are many, many poor people in the UK, many of whom are there due to failings of the various governments over the years. However, the majority of them are not involved on the riots, and are generally good people in unfortunate situations. The ones looting Poundland, however, are cunts.

while i agree that they are little shits, i don't think they're mindless thugs. you can't demonise nor glorify them, but saying that there is no implication behind these riots is naive. there is a reason those little turds exist.

you can turn your head and rationalize it with 'yeah, england has a lot of chavs. they just formed there for no reason, and they're mindless thugs.' but that's not dealing with the issue. it's turning your head and being ignorant to the reality.
Quote by laid-to-waste
while i agree that they are little shits, i don't think they're mindless thugs. you can't demonise nor glorify them, but saying that there is no implication behind these riots is naive. there is a reason those little turds exist.

you can turn your head and rationalize it with 'yeah, england has a lot of chavs. they just formed there for no reason, and they're mindless thugs.' but that's not dealing with the issue. it's turning your head and being ignorant to the reality.

+ fucking 1
Can't say I'm familiar with the details of this London riot but I watched that video and felt that the lady was being very disrespectful at the point she said "You're not a stranger to riots, you have been in riots in the past." I liked his response to that comment also.
Quote by laid-to-waste

So what exactly is the 'issue'? I already said the government(s) have made mistakes, nobody's pretending they haven't. But that doesn't change the fact that all the riots were were a bunch of chavs taking advantage of a situation where they thought they could cause trouble and get free stuff without getting into trouble.
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by laid-to-waste

You don't think it happened because they saw they could get away with it? It started off as a peaceful protest, which turned violent, which turned into looting. The next day, cities all over the country were being looted. The protest wasn't mindless. Thousands of people across the country turning up just because they think they can loot shops and get away is opportunist robbery.
"Now, when you say you're not shocked, do you mean YOU CONDONE THE RIOTS?"

What kind of sensationalist bullshit is this.
i kinda see your point, i think a lot of it is oppurtunism but there is a political element to it, and mean this is full-scale looting and burning, not just stealing

it's certainly been made political by the responses to it, it's really galvanised people, it would be interesting to see if cameron becomes more popular after this
Last edited by teh_goon at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by andyscoot
You don't think it happened because they saw they could get away with it? It started off as a peaceful protest, which turned violent, which turned into looting. The next day, cities all over the country were being looted. The protest wasn't mindless. Thousands of people across the country turning up just because they think they can loot shops and get away is opportunist robbery.

Why didn't I see posh, wealthy people looting? Is it because these poor people just don't have morals? Poor people are the only ones capable of sinking so low? Or is it because they are victimized by the economy and want to have nice things and/or money?

EDIT: In case you don't see my point, there is an obvious socioeconomic element to these riots.
Last edited by due 07 at Aug 11, 2011,
Quote by Random88
So what exactly is the 'issue'? I already said the government(s) have made mistakes, nobody's pretending they haven't. But that doesn't change the fact that all the riots were were a bunch of chavs taking advantage of a situation where they thought they could cause trouble and get free stuff without getting into trouble.

i'm saying we need to address the issue, i didn't say i have all the answers. and yes, they are opportunistic, and yeah, nothing they did was especially politically motivated, but saying that there is no implication behind what went on in the last three days is simply delaying the issue. you're making the mistake of assuming the reason we have opportunism to this scale in the UK has no political weight.
Quote by laid-to-waste
i'm saying we need to address the issue, i didn't say i have all the answers. and yes, they are opportunistic, and yeah, nothing they did was especially politically motivated, but saying that there is no implication behind what went on in the last three days is simply delaying the issue. you're making the mistake of assuming the reason we have opportunism to this scale in the UK has no political weight.

So what exactly is the 'issue'?

There are poor people. Yes, that is, partly (mainly?), the government's fault. But the ones who are smashing shops etc. are still knob-ends.
FALKIRK

Quote by Minkaro

Check out my Tunes
Quote by laid-to-waste

By the end of it there were primary school teachers, executives and public servants involved. It went far beyond social inequality to "there's no police let's steal shit" and you'd be a fool to think differently.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by ethan_hanus
Real Christians wouldn't cause a riot, only those who claim to be Christian because it makes them look good.

These riots have nothing to do with race, it's just a sad truth that black people tend to take advantage of riots to loot stuff. I mean, it's not like it's a racist thing, it's just a well known fact that everybody is afraid to admit for fear of being called a racist.

Every video I saw of the riots, there were lots of black people involved, and there were a few white people, but the black people were running around in packs, so it's just easier to get a bunch of them on camera.

I love the camera persons ending comment, so true.

Quoted for ignorance.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Random88
So what exactly is the 'issue'?

There are poor people. Yes, that is, partly (mainly?), the government's fault. But the ones who are smashing shops etc. are still knob-ends.

Austerity, brutal cuts, low social mobility, police brutality and misconduct, 'rule by consent', state-sanctioned racism, mistrust and resentment towards authority, child poverty, egregious economic inequality that is still growing, crime, ill-health, imprisonment rates, mental illness, large unemployment, inability to fully participate in our society (thanks to indoctrinated consumerism), state-encouraged selfishness, union crushing, seemingly over individualistic society, etc.
Page 1 of 3