Hello there!

Few months ago, I was watching tv (portuguese tv), and then this band starts performing on the show.
So yea, I was watching, and then one of the guitar players pulls a weird object out of nowhere, and starts sliding it on the strings, but the weird thing is, he wasn't using it on the guitar neck, and it had a light.
I've been wondering what that object might be, sorry for my ignorance.

If you decide to try to help, go to minute 2:36:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0JFC2uiUyY

Thank you!
That is a weird looking object.

He was using it to pick the strings. Maybe he controlls the pups with it and sound comes out? I dont really know what it is. It looks cool though.

I think I found it! http://www.sclw.net/lightpicks/
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 11, 2011,
I think that "light" is a reflection, if you watch and listen though you can hear that it makes a steady sound everytime he gets it near a pickup. I think it's something he's using to produce a signal somehow (vibrating the string for him or electronically... no idea).
Quote by kutless999
That is a weird looking object.

He was using it to pick the strings. Maybe he controlls the pups with it and sound comes out? I dont really know what it is. It looks cool though.

Weird looking indeed!
I think it is more like sliding in the strings tho..
Would like to know the name of that thing tho ! Guess I'll have to wait a little more

Thank you anyway!
Ts, check my first post again.
@Shadow Don't think it is a reflection, this wasn't the vid where I saw that object for the first time, and it had the same light...
looks like its probably just an ebow. it uses magnets to vibrate the strings. it lets you get a sort of violin sound out of the guitar.
And so the mystery was solved, thank you very much holli!

Tyvm to everyone else
Yeah, I guess its just an ebow that glows. I guess I was wrong.
Quote by kutless999
Yeah, I guess its just an ebow that glows. I guess I was wrong.

Your answer was the most logical before it gained the name of "ebow" tho!
All E-Bows "glow", they have a small blueish LED in them. I suppose so you can use it in the dark, like on stage. I have one, and I tried to do a small sample on Youboob, but I just got it and could barely use it at that point.