I work at a bowling alley and we had a little PA system laying around. My boss said I could take it home for a while if I wanted. I have a Raven 60 Watt combo amp, and I decided to run it through one of the PA speakers. It made the amp 100X better. So I was thinking about buying a Raven 100 watt head unit and running it through a PA speaker. It may not sound as good as a Marshall stack, but it should run me less than 200 dollars. Does anyone have any experience with this, and can suggest any equipment?
Hi,

I see you are rather new, so I just wanted to let you know, anything that involves Amps, Pedals, and other Guitar gear goes in the Guitar Gear & Accessories section.

PA Speakers are not Guitar Cab speakers, and are designed for vocal frequencies, rather than guitar frequencies.

Although, If it sounds good to you, then it's good!
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Quote by Joe-Floyd-lover
Hi,

I see you are rather new, so I just wanted to let you know, anything that involves Amps, Pedals, and other Guitar gear goes in the Guitar Gear & Accessories section.

PA Speakers are not Guitar Cab speakers, and are designed for vocal frequencies, rather than guitar frequencies.

Although, If it sounds good to you, then it's good!

Not just vocals, they are designed to have a flat response, to accurately recreate a even signal, not being the best at anything, but sounding good at everything.

The PA speaker is still prolly alot better than your crappy stock raven speaker, I say why not, if you like it, and it's cheap, do it.