So I just treated myself of a bunch of pedals since I had none and have been gasing for some for a while. The Whammy and DD-2 both have their original power supplies and work fine, the Trinity Wah runs on a 9V battery and I'm powering the EH Micro Muff with my Rocktron Banshee talkbox's power supply (the talkbox isn't in my pedal line).

All plugged together, there's this disgusting sound. A constant, dirty buzz. All pedals work like they should but the Micro Muff sounds like absolute crap. Once I hit it, the buzzing just gets louder and the guitar sounds just... Ugh. Think it's because of the Rocktron power adaptor? The Micro muff sounded perfectly fine yesterday alone with the BOSS DD-2's adapter. I'd rather have it power the DD-2 than the micro muff, though.

My line goes:

Guitar - Trinity Wah - Micro Muff - DD-2 - Whammy - Amp

Here's a picture of my delightful new setup that I love so much (and wish would SOUND good):

Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Whammy's are notorious tone suckers...
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
What amp are you running them through?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Try adjusting the settings? Or get a different but similar pedal. Maybe a Swollen Pickle?

Edit: Also, don't use a distortion/fuzz with the VT-30. It won't sound good. I've tried it.
Last edited by TextOnTheScreen at Aug 11, 2011,
take it all back except the DD-2. Then buy a muff. Muffs are true bypass and the DD-2 wont do anything to your tone. Expession pedals usually suck the tone pretty hard.
Running through a VT30 on clean channel. UPDATE:

I'm just not getting ANY sound now. Guitar to amp straight sounds good, I tried removing the EH MM from the line but it doesn't help, im not getting ANY sound.

PS: The Trinity Wah doesn't turn on anymore it seems, i press and the green light doesn't come on
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Last edited by bluezombie at Aug 11, 2011,
sounds like bad power, you should have some treble loss at the worst when running those. mostly from the wah and whammy
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I think the Trinity may be the issue. I just removed it leaving the DD-2 and Whammy alone and they sound just fine
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
Running through a VT30 on clean channel. UPDATE:

I'm just not getting ANY sound now. Guitar to amp straight sounds good, I tried removing the EH MM from the line but it doesn't help, im not getting ANY sound.

PS: The Trinity Wah doesn't turn on anymore it seems, i press and the green light doesn't come on

VT30? What? Valvetronix 30? If that's the case, then pedals are just a dumb idea, modeling amps never take pedals well, there's really no point.

It's prolly just the amp, I've run 4 pedals in a chain just fine, and there is some tone sucking, which is why I hate running too many pedals, but it's just a fact of life, the more pedals you run, the more chance you have of loosing tone.
Well my Trinity Wah isn't doing sh*t anymore. I tried replacing the battery, it won't turn on anymore. What the hell? It's plugged in both input and output and has the battery in. It worked just fine a few minutes ago.

As for the amp it's only temporary, I've got my heart set on this small Blackheart amp+cab. Sounds like that'd take the pedals really nicely.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by ethan_hanus
VT30? What? Valvetronix 30? If that's the case, then pedals are just a dumb idea, modeling amps never take pedals well, there's really no point.

It's prolly just the amp, I've run 4 pedals in a chain just fine, and there is some tone sucking, which is why I hate running too many pedals, but it's just a fact of life, the more pedals you run, the more chance you have of loosing tone.

Not all modeling gear. A pedal will sound pretty good running through an axe fx and or pod hd.
Quote by kutless999
Not all modeling gear. A pedal will sound pretty good running through an axe fx and or pod hd.

What's the point though? It has all the effects you can possibly imagine in it already. Why run pedals, which are designed for single, dual, triple whatever channel amps, on a amp that already has all those effects built in?

The preamp is not designed to take it, it's just meant for a single, undistorted signal, and it takes care of the rest. Some modeler amps sound ok, but usually don't sound all that great with mono pedals running into them. Hence why most if not all modeler amps don't have effect loops.

General rule, don't waste money on pedals if you plan on running them through a modeler amp.

As for the Trinity not working, you prolly fired it, sounds like you did.
So I took the BOSS adaptor and plugged in the Trinity... She turns on!

So it seems my issue has gotta be with power. I'm missing power for my EH micro muff and the Trinity, and both seem to accept the BOSS dd-2's adapter perfectly.

Looks like i'll need to buy some boss power supplies.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
buy a 1spot
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Is that sort of like that Voodoo labs power box that's supposed to power all pedals?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
its a wall wart that only takes up one spot (hence the name) and has enough mA to power a ton of effects daisy chained.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by bluezombie
Is that sort of like that Voodoo labs power box that's supposed to power all pedals?

it is exactly like your boss adaptor. basically you could just buy another boss adaptor is you wanted to.
What Boss power adapter? If it's the PSA120, it will supply as many pedals as you have, you just need a daisy chain wire/cable. Check the output current on the power supply, if it supplies more than 200mA. then just get the daisy chain wire.
200 mA is nothing, the 1spot puts out 1700 mA
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Helicopters!
what you really need is a new amp.

A new amp won't solve what seems to be some power issues...

I'd get a One Spot. Keep in mind it won't power your Whammy, it only works for 9v DC pedals, and the Whammy is 9v AC.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm going to have to agree with all those saying get a one spot. The one spot is probably the best 30 bucks i ever spent in my life. No more 9v batteries, unplugging input cables or mutiple power supplies.

i sound like a salesman lol, seriously though if you dont have the cash for those really expensive power supplies the one spot gets the job done.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Aug 12, 2011,
Thats cool... So the onespot will power my boss, electro harmonix and trinity with the exception of the whammy? Sounds like a great product, i'll look into it
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by whyze250f
I'm going to have to agree with all those saying get a one spot. The one spot is probably the best 30 bucks i ever spent in my life. No more 9v batteries, unplugging input cables or mutiple power supplies.

+1 to this. $20 for the One Spot power adapter, and then $10 for the 8 pedal daisy chain. So worth it.

But alas, I have to +1 everything ethan_hanus is saying. Running effects into a modeler is pretty dumb. If your modeler's effects suck that bad that you feel the need to get standalone stomp boxes, you probably just need to invest in a new amp altogether. Fix the problem straight up instead of spending a bunch of money on little "fixes".
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ethan_hanus
What's the point though? It has all the effects you can possibly imagine in it already. Why run pedals, which are designed for single, dual, triple whatever channel amps, on a amp that already has all those effects built in?

The preamp is not designed to take it, it's just meant for a single, undistorted signal, and it takes care of the rest. Some modeler amps sound ok, but usually don't sound all that great with mono pedals running into them. Hence why most if not all modeler amps don't have effect loops.

General rule, don't waste money on pedals if you plan on running them through a modeler amp.

As for the Trinity not working, you prolly fired it, sounds like you did.

I was just making a point that running pedals through certain modeling gear won't sound bad all the time. People run their own pedals through digitech rp 1000s and use the rp as an effects switching system. Of couse I wouldn't run pedals through an axe fx or something line that because the axe fx has enough pedals and amps built inside that sound great.