Well, does anyone know about Halo guitars? I've been looking at a custom 8 string built, and there prices are incredible. So I started looking around and I found some good reviews and some bad reviews. So can anyone give me any advice?
They have a TERRIBLE reputation for a reason, avoid them completely, they always come back every few years saying they've turned around then end up putting out shittars.
You should probably check out Hufschmid, there are a few reviews on UG Patrick seems to make some really solid ERG customs.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
You should probably check out Hufschmid, there are a few reviews on UG Patrick seems to make some really solid ERG customs.

Man, that's so funny! I was trying to remember that company for the past couple of hours, and you bring it up. Yeah, they look really nice and really good for the price. I'll definitley have to check them out some more. Thanks again.
If recent runs are anything to go by, they're rebuilding their reputation with better quality control. The damage was done, as they say, so I'd say look around.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Ok cool. I'll have to check some more. Also has anyone heard of Guerilla guitars? I haven't heard anything about them.
I know of Guerilla, they have a pretty cool line, but I haven't seen any reviews of their stuff. I've tried e-mailing them on two separate occasions for information and they've never replied. So their customer service sucks, that's all I can say haha.

Edit: Also have you had a look at Daemoness Guitars? Pretty good English luthier. Might be pricey though, only makes about 16 guitars a year.
Last edited by Mahabajaba at Aug 12, 2011,
Yeah I got interested in Guerilla after I saw Tosin Abasi play some. But no, I have not heard of Daemoness Guitars. Hmmm I'll have to check them out. Thanks.
If you would like a more current picture of Halo Guitars instruments, I would advise checking out Halo's ebay store. You can view tons of buyer reviews and check on Halo's seller rating.

I'm the Quality Control Manager for the company. If you have questions, PM me.
Last edited by The Munk at Aug 12, 2011,
I have a friend that swears by them. he was a tech for a band that opened up for Fozzy who apparently use them and he said they were great. Im going to look into them next time i have money. They have a few nice looking guitars. Idk anything about the custom shop though
Quote by The Munk
If you would like a more current picture of Halo Guitars instruments, I would advise checking out Halo's ebay store. You can view tons of buyer reviews and check on Halo's seller rating.

I'm the Quality Control Manager for the company. If you have questions, PM me.

LOL QC with Halo? HAHAHAHAHA

Halo is ****ing shit, sorry.
Quote by Mehtabb
LOL QC with Halo? HAHAHAHAHA

Halo is ****ing shit, sorry.

Grow up, they're trying to turn themselves around and continued bashing just makes you look like an idiot

Quote by TheMetalhead541
Ok cool. I'll have to check some more. Also has anyone heard of Guerilla guitars? I haven't heard anything about them.

A few guys on sevenstring.org have Guerilla's, they seem pretty popular with the crowd over there but IMO they're overly gimmicky. But YMMV
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Last edited by Dopey_Trout at Aug 14, 2011,
They look kinda ugly, but I have personaly never played one. The reviews on them arent so hot though, and that would make me very leary. And an upcharge of $200 for actives is a bit much when they are getting everything whole sale.

Its your $$, but I'd rather not spend my money on something that most reviews consider junk.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
They look pretty cheap for a custom shop one, £500 for a custom shop seems like it wouldnt be good quility, but if i get a guitar i might have to try them out.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Grow up, they're trying to turn themselves around and continued bashing just makes you look like an idiot

A few guys on sevenstring.org have Guerilla's, they seem pretty popular with the crowd over there but IMO they're overly gimmicky. But YMMV

Really? That's cool, I've been watching Halo, "turn around", since 07 with weylan or whatever his name was and everytime they've managed to disappoint.

I would not risk my money with them OP, also Trout if you post on SSO you probably saw that terrible string thru a while ago?
Quote by Mehtabb
Really? That's cool, I've been watching Halo, "turn around", since 07 with weylan or whatever his name was and everytime they've managed to disappoint.

I would not risk my money with them OP, also Trout if you post on SSO you probably saw that terrible string thru a while ago?

As posting links to other forums is against the rules here, I can only relay that the entire situation concerning said guitar have been addressed for some time now. You can take the time yourself to find it on SSO.

The original buyer is getting a replacement instrument at no charge. The secondary buyer who now owns the guitar is also getting a replacement instrument free of charge for the inconvenience of having to repair the defective product.
I'm not sure if either person posts here, but I know they post on SSO. Keep an eye out for their reviews.

Again, research is bound to bring up the negative. There is plenty of positive as well, and most of that is in the last 3 years.
Quote by Mehtabb

You're continually bashing them for outdated evidence. The fact of the matter is I sincerely doubt you have played an older model before the turnaround, and I doubt also that you've played one since the supposed turnaround. It's just entirely unfair to bash them out of hand. Warn yes, because their history is spotty, but if they're producing good instruments and trying to right previous mistakes they have made I've got no quarrel with them
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.