Okay i just bought a Metal Muff Distortion Pedal with Top Boost. Before buying it, i tried it out at guitar center with several amps and it sounded crazy beast. When i took it home, i plugged it into my Epiphone LP and my Line 6 Spider IV and it sounded like insane crap. I used every channel and it sounded like crap on each. Is it the amp? because Line 6 amps are digital and i don't know. Should i get a tube amp with a good clean? i don't know what to do, Please HELP!
yes a good clean tube sound with the metal muff is excellent...i have a vintage gibson skylark and i couldnt be happier
Yes to both questions. What's your budget and genres?
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by Strat007
Yes to both questions. What's your budget and genres?

Budget would be about $300 and what i'm really looking for is a Metallica sound
Buying an amp to go with a pedal instead of a pedal to go with an amp?

Welcome to Bizarro World, enjoy your stay.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
There aren't many $300 tube amps that can handle metal. You could get a blackstar ht1 or ht5 (tube) or possibly a peavey Vypyr or Roland cube ( both ss modelers).For now, I'd suggest a cube: it's fairly cheap, has a good clean sound, and works well with pedals.

^Be nice, Cath.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Last edited by Strat007 at Aug 12, 2011,