I play metal most of the time. Mostly in low tunings like standard D or drop C.

I'm thinking about getting the RR24... I'm also considering the Demmelition King V. I also found this one today: http://www.rondomusic.com/product1328.html. Would anyone recommend it? I'm not considering a Rondo guitar, to be honest, but I just liked the shape of that one.

Another guitar that's in my mind is the Jackson JS32. However, I'm mostly prone towards the RR24. I'll visit a music store and try them out. The problem is, that the closest major music shop here is 2 hours away from my place.

So, what would you suggest? Which V guitar do you think I should get?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, and any guitar without a whammy bar is out of the question for me...
Last edited by Ameer27 at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by Ameer27

I'm thinking about getting the RR24... I'm also considering the Demmelition King V. I also found this one today: http://www.rondomusic.com/product1328.html. Would anyone recommend it? I'm not considering a Rondo guitar, to be honest, but I just liked the shape of that one.

Another guitar that's in my mind is the Jackson JS32. However, I'm mostly prone towards the RR24. I'll visit a music store and try them out. The problem is, that the closest major music shop here is 2 hours away from my place.

Thanks in advance.

The Rondo one is made by Agile and i have heard they r a good guitars (Agile in general)

out of those, the Agile and the RR24 are the best looking IMO
Last edited by ampoverload at Aug 12, 2011,
I can vouch for the quality of Agile, but all of the other guitars you mentioned are way out of it's league.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Do you have a budget? Because the RR24 is a much higher quality guitar than a JS32.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Jackson RR24 blows the other options out of the water, then feasts on their remains.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Yeah what kind of budget do you have?
I suggest the Agile; The specs sound way better than the RR24 (why is that one so much more expensive?)

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Well, currently, I don't have enough money to get any guitar except the JS32. But I'm saving up and I think I'll be able to get one the next month.

I have a question though, if anybody has tried the RR24, does it go out of tune when using the whammy bar? Cuz my current guitar does that and it really sucks... I noticed that all of the guitars I mentioned have those string locks, so I think they don't go out of tune when using the whammy bar. Am I right?
Last edited by Ameer27 at Aug 12, 2011,
it will go out of tune eventually, and with constant wanking it will also, but with normal use, and occasional dive bombs, vibrato, etc. it'll stay in tune most of the time.
Floyd roses usually have that problem. Locking nuts or not. They're also a pain in the ass to tune. It such a problem to me that I absolutely refuse to get a guitar with any kind of whammy bar. It all comes down to whether or not you actually use the whammy in your playing style or not, because using the whammy will mess up the tuning. If you don't really use the whammy, you don't need it.
I got a floyd rose when I was a beginner guitarist and I've never had a problem with them... despite the warnings of most people on UG.

In fact, I got one on a guitar from Rondo (an Agile AL-2000)

I say go for the Agile Good stuff.

EDIT: I also have a Randy Rhoads model, so try that one out too.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Last edited by Ragu35 at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by Ragu35
I got a floyd rose when I was a beginner guitarist and I've never had a problem with them... despite the warnings of most people on UG.

+1. A lot of people on here try to make it seem like it's rocket science or something for some reason.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
+1 for the OFR. Never had a problem with mine, never goes out of tune.

My favorite V has to be Devin Townsend's signature Peavey. Out of those mentioned I'd go Jackson. Maybe look into ESP too?
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Quote by Ameer27

Thanks in advance.

Go with the RR ! they rule
bc rich dlx jr v kicks all of those guitars asses. OFR, 81/85,neck thru, pure badasness. or the bc rich exotic spalt v with rockfields inexpensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-RICH-EXOTIC-PRO-JR-V-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-SPALTED-MAPLE-/380361400488?pt=Guitar&hash=item588f4e60a8
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bc-Rich-Nj-Deluxe-Beast-Hs-Flying-Jr-V-Onyx-Ele-Guitar-/320737745556?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aad759a94

cant go wrong with those
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by bustapr
bc rich dlx jr v kicks all of those guitars asses. OFR, 81/85,neck thru, pure badasness. or the bc rich exotic spalt v with rockfields inexpensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-RICH-EXOTIC-PRO-JR-V-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-SPALTED-MAPLE-/380361400488?pt=Guitar&hash=item588f4e60a8
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bc-Rich-Nj-Deluxe-Beast-Hs-Flying-Jr-V-Onyx-Ele-Guitar-/320737745556?pt=Guitar&hash=item4aad759a94

cant go wrong with those

Jackson rr24 is way better.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
Jackson rr24 is way better.

well the bc riches cost around $500 less new than the rr24 and also have a neck pickup. Both have good quality builds and parts, but the rr24 has bad fret access. I still think the DLXJRV is beter in every way.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Which V can I taaaaaaaaaaaake? IT'S FRI-

Wait, nvm.

I would say you should probably go with the RR24, unless you really enjoy the neck pickup. I have a similar guitar (alexi 600) and I can honestly say that I don't miss the neck pickup at all. That being said, if you might want an RR24 for really cheap, just pick up a used alexi 600 and slap an EMG 81 in there if you want the specific pickup. I got my alexi 600 with a case for $550 :-0
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by bustapr
well the bc riches cost around $500 less new than the rr24 and also have a neck pickup. Both have good quality builds and parts, but the rr24 has bad fret access. I still think the DLXJRV is beter in every way.

I got my rr24m for $750 new with a case. I never liked the bc rich series. My friend has one and your defiantly not gonna get as nice woods as you would in the Jackson. For 600 bucks it cheaper body wood or "nato Mahogany" as they call it, but its just cheap and the ebony is meh. His floyed never says in tune. And as for the fret access, they are about the same. I also habe really long fingers and its easy for me to get to any fret on most guitars.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
I say Jackson RR24. And Floyds are not hard to use. I set my first one up when i was 12. Idiots.

Oh. and the original Floyd on the RR24 wont go out of tune man
Last edited by bluejaydude at Aug 13, 2011,
really if you have a good guitar that's set up right you can dive bomb a bigsby and it will stay in tune. most of the hate is bandwagon shit
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by CJ Noble
really if you have a good guitar that's set up right you can dive bomb a bigsby and it will stay in tune. most of the hate is bandwagon shit

my strat trem stays i tune damn well, even with divebombs :P

the RR24 seems to have the good reputation, go for it
Ok, thanks to everybody who replied.

I have thought well and made some more researches on the guitars I mentioned, taking in consideration what you guys said. I decided to get the RR24.

Oh by the way, someone mentioned the Alexi-600... Well, I was considering that guitar in the beginning, but then removed it from my "list" cuz I thought the other guitars were "cooler." Anyway, the main quarrel was between the Alexi-600 and the RR24. Then the RR24 won for a brief time, and then I started finding some more good V guitars, so I started comparing between them and the RR24, and eventually I posted this thread. And now the RR24 won again! So I've definitely made my mind, RR24 ftw!
Dude as much as I hate to even admit it, I went into the store to get a V , tried the RR24, the Gibson, the Alexi , was kinda bummed, the guy said "Try the BC Rich dlxjr", I said "no way, my friends are right over there, they might see me". Well I ended up leaving with the BC rich. Ebony board, nice profile neck, great access, emg 81/85 combo, original locking floyd, not to mention the price, I barely believe it still.

P.S. Nato wood is actually eastern mahogony. Wood tone is all that really matters, and tone is very subjective.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
Last edited by cooper1965 at Aug 19, 2011,
Quote by cooper1965
P.S. Nato wood is actually eastern mahogony.

No, it's called Eastern Mahogany to sell more guitars. It's not in the same family, it just kind of looks like it, but it's doesn't sound like it and it's more soft.
The Jackson RR24 is great, but overpriced. I used to have a RR3: nice guitar for metal, but you can get a way better guitar for the price.
well the rr24 is alder, nato is quite heavy and gives a dark tone like mahogany. alder gives brighter tone. and its very pricy. Id go with the dlxjrv.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

My Gear:

Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Quote by W4RP1G
No, it's called Eastern Mahogany to sell more guitars. It's not in the same family, it just kind of looks like it, but it's doesn't sound like it and it's more soft.
I really don't think BC Rich was the first company to ever call nato easter mahogany. They have been using it forever in guitar necks, Ukuleles ect..

Considering he plays in drop tunings, and is going to use it for metal {high gian}, I really dont think you, or I , or anyone else for that matter could ever tell the difference between it and mahogany. Even under clean settings they sound very similar.

Now if he plugged in that alder rr24, sure I think most of us could tell the tonal difference. Ofc seems a bit more 80's metal to me but hey, he didn't specify.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Maybe there are gnomes in your air conditioning vents using out-of-phase parabolic speakers to deaden vibrations from a distance.
Last edited by cooper1965 at Aug 19, 2011,