right, im really thinkin bout getting a pod hd500, now my question is, would i be able to run it through my cube 60 as the speaker or will i have to do sumthing else, i'd be using headphones most of the time but i would like to use it normaly through a speaker
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Yes, you can run it straight into an amp. Just change output settings on the pod and you're good to go.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Really won't sound the best through the modelling preamp in your Cube. Is there an effects loop? If you can bypass the preamp you will be fine.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
nah, theres no fx loop, as its a modeler

but if i was to use it on a 2x12 cab id need a preamp wouldnt i?
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
The pod is a modeler and it has an effects loop.... The cube has an aux in I think, you can use that to bypass the preamp of the cube.

The pod IS a preamp. You need a poweramp if you want to just use it as a preamp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by Reincaster
The pod is a modeler and it has an effects loop.... The cube has an aux in I think, you can use that to bypass the preamp of the cube.

The pod IS a preamp. You need a poweramp if you want to just use it as a preamp.

i think thats the cube 80 that has the aux in, the only input the 60 has is the guitar input on the top, the rest are all outs (headphones, line out, ext speaker, tuner and footswitches)

and sry, i got that wrong lol, meant power amp, would i need a poweramp if im to run it through a cab is wat i meant to say lol
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60