Page 1 of 2
I was noticing some fashion trends were starting to re-emerge and that got me thinking is fashion caught in some sick full circle? If taht's true then I'm hoping soon we can all be wearing leotards with capes(which would be considered pretty metal).
For example: boys often sporting a haircut similar of the 60s Beatles style shaggy hair.
Have you noticed any such trends? Your expectations?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
My cod piece has never become unfashionable. People wore capes in the 60's, so I think it will need to loop around again.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by UntilISleep
I can't wait till loin cloths become fashionable again!

Come to India. They are not fashionable, they are a way of life.
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
my mexican pointy boots are pretty in right now.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Junglie
I don't like them but I always pull in chinos and a shirt when I'm out

Anyway, anyone else think of this when they read the thread title? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7u3nhANa4

In hindsight I probably shouldn't have hated on them so much, because now if I ever make a U-turn I'm just going to look like a massive hypocrite.
Seeing as my main clothing is the suit, I'm never not fashionable. However, I prefer the 3-piece which was out of style for a while and is now coming back in-style, and has been back in some places (Germany) for awhile.

That and double-breasted jackets, which are also making a comeback.
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
Quote by Metasponge
In hindsight I probably shouldn't have hated on them so much, because now if I ever make a U-turn I'm just going to look like a massive hypocrite.

My ex-girlfriend couldn't keep her hands off me when I wore them. Honestly, get a pair, and next time you go drinking wear them with a sort of checkered shirt. The ladies love it
Quote by Junglie
My ex-girlfriend couldn't keep her hands off me when I wore them. Honestly, get a pair, and next time you go drinking wear them with a sort of checkered shirt. The ladies love it

I'll probably have to give this trend a miss, frankly because I think they just look horrible and don't understand why girls are all over them so much.

Believe me, there's trends that I think suit me; like polo's buttoned all the way up, I just can't see myself looking good in chinos (although I've never dared to try a pair on).
Quote by Metasponge
like polo's buttoned all the way up

This vexes me.
Quote by Metasponge

However I think proper shirts done all the way up without some sort of tie look ridiculous.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. I have a black shirt that's more casual dress that I wear with partial buttoning and a soft plaid one that I wear without any buttoning.
In a sense, although i can't see much of the clothing from before the 1800s making a comeback. I hope the day comes around where 1930/40s fashion is back, where everyone wears a hat and a suit.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by Metasponge
I like how it looks.

However I think proper shirts done all the way up without some sort of tie look ridiculous.

I think shirts and ties without a jacket look ridiculous. Makes you look like a bus driver.

I always want to undo peoples' top buttons as well when I see them in clubs. It just reminds me of 14 year olds that go to footy matches in polo shirts.
What just depresses me is that everyone around my age (younger and older) look exactly the same: Chinos and a polo.

I also hate the term 'fashion sense', why not just tell someone that you like what they're wearing? because usually they're wearing exactly the same as everyone else.

Maybe I'm just bitter.
I normally go out in jeans and a polo tbh. Chinos and a shirt is what I normally wear when I intend to meet a girl that night or going on a date really.

EDIT: I know a good site where you can get a lot of cheap, discounted clothes. It's where I get 90% of my clothes. It's good because you can spend like....£10 on something and if you don't like it it's not much of a loss.
Last edited by Junglie at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by donender
I hope the day comes around where 1930/40s fashion is back, where everyone wears a hat and a suit.

Don't forget the tommy gun, now.
Quote by Junglie

EDIT: I know a good site where you can get a lot of cheap, discounted clothes. It's where I get 90% of my clothes. It's good because you can spend like....£10 on something and if you don't like it it's not much of a loss.

ooooo do tell!

then I could sneakily buy a pair of chinos to see how they actually look on me.
Quote by Metasponge
ooooo do tell!

then I could sneakily buy a pair of chinos to see how they actually look on me.

I'll PM you the site.
I don't see the point in fashion trends, I just stick with the classics.
Quote by So-Cal
I don't see the point in fashion trends, I just stick with the classics.

It stops you looking like a scruffy git when you go out tbh.
Quote by Junglie
It stops you looking like a scruffy git when you go out tbh.

Sure but what's in fashion now will probably be out of fashion in a few months, I don't see the point in chasing trends. Although chinos and polos are pretty timeless.
I agree. Shirts, polos, chinos and jeans will always be acceptable.
Trends do re-emerge but I'd hardly say fashion is locked in a time loop.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Last edited by Fiddelers elbow at Aug 12, 2011,
^^sentance doesn't make sense^^ but i can't understand why. It's the two is's I think. Anyway, In Australia I certaintly wouldn't say EVERYONE is wearing chino's, I'd say there three-four times as many people wearing jeans. Anyway I agree with the negative sentiments on following fashion, it's pointless. I wear jeans and a shirt when going out at night, and jeans/other pants and a t-shirt when doing normal stuff.
Black Elk Oglala Sioux Holy Man

1863-1950

You have noticed that everything as Indian does is in a circle, and that is because the Power of the World always works in circles, and everything tries to be round..... The Sky is round, and I have heard that the earth is round like a ball, and so are all the stars. The wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nest in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours....

Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood, and so it is in everything where power moves.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by donender
In a sense, although i can't see much of the clothing from before the 1800s making a comeback. I hope the day comes around where 1930/40s fashion is back, where everyone wears a hat and a suit.

That's how I dress or well, shirt and suspenders and hat. Suit not very much.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by donender
I hope the day comes around where 1930/40s fashion is back, where everyone wears a hat and a suit.

This. Then i can go out wearing a hat without having "yeehaw" shouted at me
Quote by donender

I'd love that but fedoras are dead to me because of that inevitable douche bag who wears one at parties.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
^only one fedora per group. see: Workaholics.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Fashion cycles constantly. Which is why vintage stores stay in business.

Rule of thumb. If you wore it the first time it was fashion, you're usually going to look rather old and stupid wearing it the second time around.
shit always comes back into fashion though well never have beatles hair again i can tell you , this summer tends to be boho 70s inspired, last year it was 80s inspired,..remember girls walking around in leggings and jeggings and a year before that it was 50s and 60s inspired
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
I'd love that but fedoras are dead to me because of that inevitable douche bag who wears one at parties.

Yeah but they do that to be different and out there, if everyone did it, then it wouldn't be douchy.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Problem is, they don't understand that Fedoras/Trilbys are dress hats and not to be worn over a tshirt and jeans. That does make you look like a prick. Same reason you would never wear a baseball cap over a 3 piece suit.
I hope next summer we can all be getting the awesome mullet.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Fashion is a disgusting industry. It's based around people telling other people what looks 'cool' to wear. Anyone who takes this nonesense seriously should realise that they've been had. They've been trained to help perpetuate a shallow and pathetic business that shouldn't really exist. Wear whatever the **** you want to wear if you've got any self respect.
Page 1 of 2