Hi guys

So I bought the Tama Speed Cobra A few days ago and I finally set it up today to give it a go. But I can't seem to get the two beaters to align after heavy playing. I can get them to align, but when I play them, the left pedal always eventually shifts down, looses the impact and makes it difficult to play because the pedals are no longer aligned.

I'm very worried because I did not buy a warranty with the pedal (I'm broke) and the pedal is very expensive

Have any of you guys had this problem? How do you fix this or set it up properly?

Any useful answer is much appreciated.
I AM THE APPLE
Is something perhaps coming loose? I assume since you say it keeps happening that you know how to fix it. Is it due to the spring tension?
I'm not quite sure you mean, but when I first got my Iron Cobras I had the problem of the beaters not being alined after playing. I just tightened them more than I was and I didn't have the problem anymore. It probably just is a problem of tightening the pedals, it doesn't sound like they are broken.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Yea, sounds like somethings loose...no worries. Just set 'em in the correct position, like you do before you would play, then just tighten EVERYTHING. I'm not too sure on what exactly the problem is, but could it be the "whatchamacallit" that the spring is hooked too?

What the hell, here's a pic pointing out what I'm talking about...
Attachments:
Tama SC.png
Quote by theflyingapple
Hi guys

So I bought the Tama Speed Cobra A few days ago and I finally set it up today to give it a go. But I can't seem to get the two beaters to align after heavy playing. I can get them to align, but when I play them, the left pedal always eventually shifts down, looses the impact and makes it difficult to play because the pedals are no longer aligned.

I'm very worried because I did not buy a warranty with the pedal (I'm broke) and the pedal is very expensive

Have any of you guys had this problem? How do you fix this or set it up properly?

Any useful answer is much appreciated.
First off, those are very nice pedals, so congrats on that.

I'm like 97% sure nothing is broken, just get a drum key and make sure everything is stupidly tight before playing... that's pretty much it really.
Funny. The one pair of Speed Cobras I played were misaligned as well. Iron Cobras are usually bullet proof, I would expect the same QC on the SC's.

Obviously there is a problem with yours. I think you need to send them to me and just get yourself some new pedals.