Hi, here is a song I writed. I don't know where to post this question, so if it is in the wrong place excuse me.

Now, this is my first song, I haven't any knowedge in music theory, I just pick up the guitar and played some riffs in my mind, trying to transpose them down with the guitar.

Then I write all on TuxGuitar, and added bass, drums, and keyboard tracks (and other things). Now I can't write a good guitar solo. It have to be a scary thing (the song title is "Shiki" (let. demon corpse / demon spirit)) but without advanced techniques like sweep picking. I'm asking for some ideas, not you to write my song's solo. Maybe if you have some licks ideas you think that can sound good post them, but I prefer suggestions on which scales I can use, techniques wich will make a lick sound scary, and so on.

You can also rate the song but I think that you'll find it horrible

Anyway here I tried to upload the tab files, on Tuxguitar format, but also on Guitar Pro's one. Download them and listen to the song. Yhe genre is Metal. I would like to put the solo from 79th stroke to the drum groove. From the 48th stroke to the 55th there is a keyboard solo, but my brother will write it soon, so don't worry. I still have to write the last part of the song, but I can do it on my own.

TuxTab
GPTab

I don't want to read stupid comment like:<<Oh, what is this shit? You're a newbie, this chord sounds awful together!>> or <<Can't you feel that horrible dissonance in the song?>>

I don't know theory, but I'm going to start taking lesson soon, so I hope you help me to write the solo and, if you like, to improve the song quality, but please don't be offensive.

Thank you.

Ps: If you hear an awful sound after the brake, I tried to emulate a pick slide. It sounds better on true guitar, of course

PPs: I can't speak english, well, so forgive my mistekes.
Last edited by The_Flesh_Storm at Aug 12, 2011,
You want a scary/creepy metal sound, listen to Nile and some of their slower riffs and try to play something like it. A common one is called a heptatonic scale or something.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Learn the Phrygian dominant scale.
Very creepy and disturbing and good for metal. Theres a lesson on you tube of how to play it
You want a scary/creepy metal sound, listen to Nile and some of their slower riffs and try to play something like it. A common one is called a heptatonic scale or something.

Learn the Phrygian dominant scale.
Very creepy and disturbing and good for metal. Theres a lesson on you tube of how to play it

I will, thanks.
I can't access your file for some reason. It says it is unavailable.

If you truly want an eerie sound or scary sound, you'll want to find the key of your song and play a scale like the harmonic minor scale, or the locrian scale, or something like that three frets down. This will give you a relative minor of a relative minor (assuming that your song is in a minor key.) This can give a very eerie sound. I'd also suggest using tri-tones and extended chords like 7ths, 9ths, 11ths, and 13ths. That's all I can really suggest.
Damn links, I'll try to fix them.

Edit: Now they works (I think)
Last edited by The_Flesh_Storm at Aug 12, 2011,
Think of Black Sabbath! Iommi has written some pretty heavy song using the pentatonic. It more the way you play the notes than what note you use. Also, think in mind that the bass and the rythm guitar, during you solo, have a sound that is additionned together. So, for example, if you land on a note of you solo over the chord formed by the rythm section, you can create a new sound, the sound of the rythm section will be added to the note you just played and that will kind of form a new chord. Personnally, I like the Harmonic Minor scale which is like a fine mix between major and minor. It got like this: Tone, semi-tone, tone, tone, semi-tone, tone and a half, semi-tone.
Sounds pretty good, for a song to sound creepy just go really slow and dissonant, maybye not even to a paticular scale, touch of vibrato here and there.
A scale would be a good starting point to get a riff going, try lots of the Minor and exotic scales, abit of the good old Jewish scale sounds epic.
METAL!
That was a weird song. so THe solo is weird, too.

I used Diminished Scale. I couldnt say which tonic it is....but the tritonic chord was so much used.

or even better soloWTf...^^
Attachments:
Copia di Untiitle7dsoloWTF.gp5
Copia di Untiitle7dsolo.gp5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU READ 'H' I MEAN 'B'

GERMAN H = AMERICAN B

Last edited by BlackmetalGitar at Aug 14, 2011,