I own a Jackson DK2 Dinky electric (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-dk2-dinky-electric-guitar/520318) and it never stays in tune, especially after bombing! What do I need to do to keep it in tune? Do I need to set it up a special way? Would buying a Temol-no help? I don't have the $ to go crazy on getting another gtar and this is my only electric. I really never play electric due to constant tuning troubles so I would love some help!
Hi,
Yeah you need to set it up so it's level or it will have tuning issues.
Check the stickied guide in this forum for a good setup guide.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

I'll throw in a guess here though, and saying the strings might be slipping from the locking screws by the nut.
Press down on the strings behind the nut and see if they change pitch as you do so...if they do...you're slipping and might need to tighten the screws a bit tighter (IMPORTANT: DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN...they should just be a little bit harder than what you can do with your fingers pretty much).
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
If you've just put new strings on you need to stretch them out.

Play it without the locking tuners on, use the whammy, stretch the strings out alot. Retune, lock them up, you're good to go.

Should work regardless if you put new strings on or not.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It worked for me, I used to have a cheapie $99 guitar with a floyd special, did that trick and it stayed in tune fairly well.

I'd imagine a DK2's floyd system would be much better.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Having the trem set up correctly is the most important thing.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Some questions...

Should I have a store tech set up the trem properly or is it easy to do yourself?
I need to change the strings, should I do that before or after setting up the trem or does it not matter?
Even after getting the trem set, should I still stretch the strings?
Is there a certain size of string I should get?
It's easy, but it depends on if you actually want to sit down and learn how to do it. There is are some great guides stickied here in EG.

It's something you do while in the process of changing strings.

Yes, you always need to stretch strings, every time you change strings.

String gauge depends mostly on personal preference, and also on what tuning you're going to play in.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Having it set up properly would probably help considerably, Jackson puts decent Floyds on their guitars.
I'm going to go ahead and say it's probably an issue with the springs in the back not being set up exactly right. Does the actual bridge sit perfectly parallel with the guitar's body, or is it at an angle?

It could also be string slippage at the locking nut - press the string behind the nut and pluck it. If it changes pitch, tighten the locking nut a little bit. You shouldn't need much more pressure than what you can do with your fingers.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
It may depend on how long you have owned this guitar because the floor plate on the tremelo is made of zinc instead of steel, therefore it will wear out much quicker than an original FR. If that's not the case, then everything the people said above me is great advice.