Morning Pit. I, perhaps like many of you out there, make guitar cover videos and upload them to YouTube but don't worry, this isn't about me plugging my channel or anything.

Now all my videos have been cited for copyrighted content, which is understandable because I record the guitar part over the actual song.

However the only videos to be blocked, be it in Germany or Worldwide, are only the videos that contain music owned by WMG (Warner Music Group).

Every other record company seems to understand that I'm not making money from my videos, or advertising anything and if anything I'm just giving their music more exposure.

So basically I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help my cause? or am I forever doomed to not making cover videos where the music is owned by WMG?
WMG and YouTube are like oil and water. There's not really anything you can do.
Quote by due 07
Thank austere intellectual property policies for that.

I swear you say something to this effect in almost every thread.

This seemed to work for a lot of people: http://youtu.be/5eSKqCptEhk

You risk account deletion, but that's of no real consequence is it?
Quote by UntilISleep

This seemed to work for a lot of people: http://youtu.be/5eSKqCptEhk

You risk account deletion, but that's of no real consequence is it?

See, surely a video like that is more of a risk to multi-billion dollar record companies, yet my video is the one removed.

I'll give it a looksy thanks.
Quote by UntilISleep

How could I mention intellectual property in anything close to almost every thread?

It's true, though; TS 'stole' copyrighted material.
Quote by due 07
How could I mention intellectual property in anything close to almost every thread?

It's true, though; TS 'stole' copyrighted material.

Fine, every thread I see you post in.
If you don't mind your videos sounding a little different, you could try transposing the audio up or down half a semi-tone before uploading, so as to avoid the Youtube sensors picking it up as copyright material.