Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get some help on what would be the best guitar suited for metal that I can get for £300 or less. I've already looked at some guitars already, like the ESP Ltd V50 and the BC Rich Avenge SOB, which both look pretty good for the price I'm paying.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Ibanez RG350EX is pretty nice. As is a Tremonti PRS. I got a BC Rich KKV a while ago that's nice if you can get used to playing V's.
Whats wrong with a BC Rich? I have seen some pretty good reviews for them, though I haven't had any first hand experience of one
Quote by DeadEndRoad95
Whats wrong with a BC Rich? I have seen some pretty good reviews for them, though I haven't had any first hand experience of one

Unless you're dabbling in mid to high end BC Riches...well, just avoid any of them under 600 or so. QC issues, bad stock pickups, usual stuff on low-end guitars, but...best to avoid them until you have more experience, really. Too many beginner guitarists get a warlock and hate themselves for it when people make fun of their pointy guitar a few months later.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Stay away from the cheaper BC Rich models. I'd go for the LTD. I was actually considering buying it myself, but I ended up getting the Jackson Randy Rhoads instead, which you should also look into (plays like a dream, and it's a bit more comfortable than the average V).
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Ibanez RG350EXZ or Ibanez RGD320 (Droped D)
My Gear
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez RG350EX
Cort CR280
Ibznez GRG170DX
Fender Startocaster American Standard
Yamaha Acoustic CPX500
Hofner Acoustic Guitar
Zoom G2.1NU
Zoom GFX-1
Boss DS-1
Marshall MG50 3/5
Ibanez RG321, if they still make it...

The RGD320 isn't dropped D, it's standard d (whole step lower)

Something Ibanez would be well worth the money.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
£300 for a metal guitar?

Hmmmm....

Can you give us any more specifics?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^ +1

that lag jet 1000 (500 now, stupid changing model names) i got for 200 euro from waltons in dublin (i think they ship to the UK, they shipped to me anyway) would be hard to beat with dimarzios, a wilky trem etc., but if you hate HSS superstrats it's not really going to work.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Yamaha RGX
The RGX 520 is a steal for its price tag.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
pounds, eh?

how about a chapman ML-1?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Yeah I guess I could've been a little more specific. I'm looking for an axe with one of those iconic metal shapes, though I'm mainly searching for the perfect metal tone (well perfect for my price range). Thanks so far, I've decided not to get a BC Rich at least
Quote by DeadEndRoad95
Yeah I guess I could've been a little more specific. I'm looking for an axe with one of those iconic metal shapes, though I'm mainly searching for the perfect metal tone (well perfect for my price range). Thanks so far, I've decided not to get a BC Rich at least

What have you got now?

What amp do you use?

What metal do you mean?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
+1

I'd also point out that, at your price range, you might have to pick between the best guitar and the shape you want. I know that's not what you want to hear, and i like crazy shapes as much as the next person, but...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
What have you got now?

What amp do you use?

What metal do you mean?

At the moment I'm looking for a second guitar, my current one not being suited at all to what I play, as well as being the shittest guitar I could have, being the Affinity Series Squier Strat.

The amp I'm using is a Peavey Vypyr 15, which I'm glad I bought due to the amount of different sounds I can get out of it.

And the type of metal I mean is heavy metal, like Machine Head, Trivium, Slayer etc

I'd also like to point out that Flying V models are my preference, I've found a lot of them, mostly because of you guys so thanks