I've been playing the guitar for 3 years now , and its time for a tube amp head purchase...
I'm looking for an amp with a warm , classic heavy / thrash metal OD . Don't care much about the clean , but I would prefer it having an OD channel and a clean channel.
My budget is max. 1000$ . I would prefer something rather small , 20 - 40w range , for practice , recording and small gigs .
Bare in mind , please , that I'm from Europe , so we don't have that many models or brands like in the U.S.
Thank you...
You might look for something from Blackstar, Marshall, Peavey, or maybe Randall.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Laney, Marshall, Orange are all good choices (used of course)...where in Europe are you?

Going by your username, is it Finland?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Not as many models as the US? Blah. You guys have some of the greatest amp brands that guys in the US would die for.

I'd check out some :

ENGLs like the Screamer, Thunder, or Gigmaster
Blackstar HT-5 to the HT-40
Blackstar Series 1 50 or Artisan 15 ( prolly used to reach your pricepoint )
Bugera, if you can take the hate. They're great for their price.
Orange Rockerverbs / Thunderverbs if you can find them used. ( not sure of price )

or some

Laneys, Marshalls, and some Peavey, but I'm not really knowledgeable about them.

Remember to try them 1st as much as possible. Most of what I mentioned sound ENTIRELY different from each other. If you can't try them, find some playthroughs in sites like youtube.
Heh , I'm from Romania , not Finland . Marshalls at this price range here in Europe are crap...A JVM400 or a JCM 800 here cost almost 2000 $ ...
The problem with used...I don't trust anyone from a foreign forum to buy off the amp...and on the local guitar community forum I might find something IF I am lucky...Stuff you mentioned ...like Blackstars or Oranges or ENGLs are rare.
I might look into the ENGLs ...As for the Blackstars I've checked those and they sound great. They've got a very good tone...Early modern Metallica tone I might say.
Oranges are nice but , not too many settings at my price range. Amps like the Blackstar have , first of all , a 3 band EQ , a clean channel and that cool ISF setting...
As for the model problem :P ... You guys have got Mesa Boogie and Marshalls ...here in Europe they are A LOT more expensive than in the US ... It's because of the economy and import I guess...
Cool gear btw Syriel
check out thomman music online they are based in germany and deliver to you and cheapest place i have found in europe and have all amps named on here
Quote by c0b_h4t3cr3w
Heh , I'm from Romania , not Finland . Marshalls at this price range here in Europe are crap...A JVM400 or a JCM 800 here cost almost 2000 $ ...
The problem with used...I don't trust anyone from a foreign forum to buy off the amp...and on the local guitar community forum I might find something IF I am lucky...Stuff you mentioned ...like Blackstars or Oranges or ENGLs are rare.
I might look into the ENGLs ...As for the Blackstars I've checked those and they sound great. They've got a very good tone...Early modern Metallica tone I might say.
Oranges are nice but , not too many settings at my price range. Amps like the Blackstar have , first of all , a 3 band EQ , a clean channel and that cool ISF setting...
As for the model problem :P ... You guys have got Mesa Boogie and Marshalls ...here in Europe they are A LOT more expensive than in the US ... It's because of the economy and import I guess...
Cool gear btw Syriel

Yeah but ENGLs and Diezel and a couple others are expensive in the US compared to Europe. Its a trade off. :P

I'm not based on the US tho, as I live in Japan.

Get a Blackstar if you like em IMO. They're great.
Quote by c0b_h4t3cr3w
You guys have got Mesa Boogie and Marshalls ...here in Europe they are A LOT more expensive than in the US ... It's because of the economy and import I guess...
Cool gear btw Syriel

What?