Hey

I'm looking for a not-that-expensive metal guitar. I really like this Schecter C-1 hellraiser, but Jackson is made in japan. I've heard haters stories about hellraisers that it might sound dead but there arent that much complaints on jackson. I dont like its shape and colour though... Can't decide
Those Schecters are made in Korea I think. Don't immediately count them out just because it's not MIJ, cause there are lemons in Japan just like everywhere else.

They both have EMG 81-85 combos, so they're gonna sound similar - it's just a matter of setting them up to your liking and figuring out what you value. Do you need a trem? etc.

Personally, I'd go with the Jackson simply because it's higher quality (assuming the price doesn't matter), plus it comes with a case (and on musiciansfriend, a free bar stool ) but it's all your preference.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Last edited by Hail at Aug 12, 2011,
The price doesnt matter up to 1300$ I dont want anything black, but I need original Floyd and emgs because I like the tone. I can't find a better option up to 1300 (new)

I'm looking for a guitar for quite few years and I dont know how would this beautiful finish on schecter age. It looks awesome now, but I dont know if it still will in 10 years. I like collecting gear rather than selling so it has to age well, and I believe the more simple finish the better it will look after few years.
As someone with a Schecter, though it's not got abalone or that quilted maple look, my V's gray/black finish and yellow binding have lasted over a year without even a single scratch showing. They're pretty tough little guitars, though I'm not sure how 10 years will affect any guitar, especially if you're gigging consistently.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I'd prefer the Jackson, though if it has a Licensed Floyd, I wouldn't touch it. The Hellraiser is ok but way overhyped and way too expensive. Don't pay full price for one.
theres ups and downs to both. Lots of high end jacksons have liscensed floyds and the neck on schecters may feel unbalanced and heavy. But theyre both good. Schecters in no way overpriced, theres alot of bang for the buck there. The schecter has IMO better pickups 81TW/89. You can find them used in good condition on ebay for 500 and it has an frt x000 floyd,which isthe exact same as a schaller floyd made in korea.Stays in tune perfect. Id go with a used or even new schecter.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Those Schecters are made in Korea I think. Don't immediately count them out just because it's not MIJ, cause there are lemons in Japan just like everywhere else.

They both have EMG 81-85 combos, so they're gonna sound similar - it's just a matter of setting them up to your liking and figuring out what you value. Do you need a trem? etc.

- I don't think they have the same pickups. I think Schecter has EMG 81-89's in it
GUITARS:
PRS Custom 24 (Black Slate 10 top w/birds)
ESP E-II Horizon NT-III (RDB)
ESP Eclipse II - Snow White

AMPS:
Mesa Rectoverb combo