here's my autoproducted album,normaly named "L'horizon du désert" (french)
just instrumental music ,me on all instruments ,no programmations ,no VST ,no MIDI were used ...ect.
Just audio recording ,here the link for a free download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C6BLSP3U

Please ,let me know if you like it or not...(the last four titles are completly blues oriented and are just here for the pleasure,the others are Metal oriented )

A link for the first title to listen to :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iYYYI6huc0
I don't like it, the music seems to be good, but the production is not, you SHOULD have used VST and programmations, because there is a reason why people use them= because they can sound really professional and good, unlike what you recorded, sorry if too harsh.

Rhythm guitar is the only thing that sounds actually good there.

edit:

Considering you registered just today, I assume that you just want to get more attention and views, but it doesn't work like that on UG much, we're more about critisizing and making people feel bad about their musical skills.
Last edited by Zeletros at Aug 12, 2011,
thanx for the response ,but the fact is : i don't know how to use them ,i have never tried to get into that and will never try,'cause it seems to me really complicated and expansive ...and should take a lot of time to master ,time that i don't want to spend on it .
critics are good and help to improve .
Thanx again for it.
Quote by laurentbieber
thanx for the response ,but the fact is : i don't know how to use them ,i have never tried to get into that and will never try,'cause it seems to me really complicated and expansive ...and should take a lot of time to master ,time that i don't want to spend on it .
critics are good and help to improve .
Thanx again for it.

Well, even if the music is good, and the production is not, it will not sound good generally.

If you're going seriously for a solo album, you MUST make it sound professional.
you must be right ,but it's far beyond my possibilities to make it sounds professionnal ,and it sounds good to me ,regardings the meanings used here ,and i'm not professional .I had some pleasure to record it and the desire to share it with others is a human behaviour i can't fight against.
Excuse for the mistakes ,i haven't written in english for a long long time ....
Quote by laurentbieber
you must be right ,but it's far beyond my possibilities to make it sounds professionnal ,and it sounds good to me ,regardings the meanings used here ,and i'm not professional .I had some pleasure to record it and the desire to share it with others is a human behaviour i can't fight against.
Excuse for the mistakes ,i haven't written in english for a long long time ....

Maybe that was the problem many years ago, but that was one of the main reasons why people invented VSTi which are not beyond your reach.
excuse me ,but i'm not a teen who can spend many hours in making a drums line that would have taken a few minutes for a real drummer to do .I'm 40 years old ,got a family , got a job ,and not so much time .But you seem to focalise on the production more than the music itself ... i listen so much music of the 40's,50's and even 30's (with django Reinhartd and with Delta blues)) ,that ,finally ,the production is no more important to my ears.I respect your point of view ,I understand it deeply ,but you can't convice me to switche to a more modern ,but conventional way of recording for the reasons i explain above.