If I wanted a more metal sound on a Jet City JCA20H 20 watt amp head would I be able to get it? I have a DS-1 distortion pedal and a MT-2 distortion pedal. Also I wouldn't mind buying an overdrive pedal if that would work better.

Thanks!!!

-Calvin
prolly would (though try both those pedals first to see).

haven't tried the jet cities
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It would but beware that if using the DS-1 or Metal zone over it on anything over 3 on the pre amp gain will yield a very fizzy tone ( actually its probably the same with any distortion pedal ).

But however using them over the amp run clean works a treat and I should imagine that you could cop a very convincing metal tone providing you don't wack it up full and distort the power amp. I think that you would get better results by using an overdrive with the amp already distorted. I used to use an SD-1 with the level on full and drive around 25% and could manage some pretty good metal tones, you won't manage black metal tones though. It may also be worth getting an overdrive to run as a boost before your distortion pedal to really tighten it up.

Also if you are handy with a soldering iron the amp really benefits from the depth mod. It's only like £5 in parts but it really is worth it.

Just my 0.02
i dunno... if you keep the gain really low on the ds1 it can work as an acceptable tightening boost. not amazing, but it should work.

od would likely be better, but as i said, it'd be worth trying the ds1 just in case it does what you want. if it does at least you wouldn't have to rush out to buy an od.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh it does I had one when I first got my JCA, it's just fizzy when using high gain on the amp, having said that it did sound wonderful when the Pre amp gain was on around 4-5 and you had it about half way on the DS-1.

I'm not really a metal player but I figured I'd just give my experience with the pedals and the amp.
Quote by MetalFriend
I wouldn't mind buying an overdrive pedal if that would work better.

Thanks!!!

-Calvin

well then by all means.

we sure aren't going to talk you out of that. but as said a ds1 may do the trick if set more as a clean boost. (low gain setting on the pedal) but there are a lot of decent budget od's that would likely do a better job.

for cheap, a used bbe green screamer, digitech bad monkey or mxr classic overdrive work pretty well.

for not cheap, well the list goes on and on.
Like Danny had said, it may get a little fizzy on the real high stuff, but if you have the gain turned down on it, volume up, and a good boost pedal. I think you'll be very satisfied.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by dannycasevnx
Oh it does I had one when I first got my JCA, it's just fizzy when using high gain on the amp, having said that it did sound wonderful when the Pre amp gain was on around 4-5 and you had it about half way on the DS-1.

I'm not really a metal player but I figured I'd just give my experience with the pedals and the amp.

no worries

actually if you (TS) do get an od, it wouldn't hurt hanging onto the ds1 too for some variety.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?