Hi guys, so since recently i found some fellow musicians, who are of the same level of me. We still need to play full songs together but we played jams and it sounded good.

Anyway my question was: does anyone have experience playing in a band while attending university, which will probably take op 40 hours a week? I'll also get a job this year so i was kinda worrying that any dream I had of having a real band should be let go.

I'll be living at home for the first year of Uni, so ill be at 45 minutes of travel away from the drummer's house. We're in Rotterdam and we have a few small places where there are gigs, so we could have been in a worse area.
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
try band practise twice a week, 3 lessons a week for 3 different instruments, at the absolute minimum an hour a day on each instrument practicing and learning, basically fulltime work, uni studies, music studies, managing a band, writing practically every note and drum beat we play oh and teaching 4 ppl a week. while having a life outside of music and work in between
like Myshadow46_2 said you have to be organized and f-ing committed to everythin ya wanna do. Good luck.
Last edited by Kill-Em-All at Aug 12, 2011,
New Zealand's not the best place in the world to be a musician either btw so I know wat ur talkin about dude
Quote by Kill-Em-All
New Zealand's not the best place in the world to be a musician either btw so I know wat ur talkin about dude

Quote by Kill-Em-All

you are aware rotterdam is in the netherlands?
Quote by Kill-Em-All

Unfortunately i live in holland mate

And thank you for the answers so far i should be able to handle it all well then
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
As mentioned it's all about scheduling. I was in bands all the way through my bachelors, graduate diploma and masters. Now I work full time and I'm in 5 bands. I wouldn't call the workload particularly hard, but I do forfeit quite a few Friday/Saturday nights. This past weekend was my first completely free weekend for months.

On the other hand, that time was spent being paid to play, so a little extra cash on the side is nice too.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Thanks for all the good replies dudes
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
If you've got the time management skills and the drive, it'll be no problem.