Stuck between two different guitars, a used Schecter Loomis-FR or a new RGD2127. The Loomis would be about $800 CND whereas the Ibanez.. $1599+tax. Concerns for me personally are the trem in the Ibanez (edge zero 7, any problems with it? My last ibanez had that horrible edge-3 and if its anything like that it's definitely a deal breaker), the neck on the Schecter (how big are they actually? I thought I remembered reading the size specs on them being pretty similar but all I hear about Schecter necks is that they're baseball bats). They seem like very different guitars too, not sure what would even be better for me. Obviously for playing metal, if it makes a difference lately I've been listening to a lot of machine head and periphery.

Oh and the v77 and v87 pick ups.. Are they active or passive? I havent been able to find out anything on them
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
I can definitely answer the trem question. The edge 3 is pretty awful, but the edge zeros are amazing. I'd trust an edge zero over an OFR, though some would probably disagree.

And people always go on about Schecter having massive necks, but they just don't. They're not wizard neck thin, but they're not big, some people just have to shut up tbh.

I'd say they definitely are pretty different guitars, have you played either of them? If not, you really need to.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Yeah, as the guy above me already said, the Edge Zero trem is pretty good. I'd disagree with the part of it being better than an OFR, but that's just me. I'm not much of a tremolo guy anyway.

Soundwise, I'd take the Schecter, as the Ibanez sevenstrings tend to sound a little muddy and way to bassy, whereas the Schecter sounds very clear. But yeah, go try them.
The V77s and V87s are passive's
People aren't so fond of the V7/V8 combo found on Ibanez's (generally they're swapped out)
You should also get a presitge case with the Ibanez

Tbh it all comes down to what neck you want, and how much you're willing to spend

(Personally I'd get the Ibanez)
Quote by gilly_90
The edge 3 is pretty awful

I have one and I don't see why?! Myabe I got a special one that isn't shite or something.
Quote by conor-figgy
I have one and I don't see why?! Myabe I got a special one that isn't shite or something.

Quite possibly, a lot of the problem is that ibanez mounts them badly, or the threads where the arm goes in strips very quickly, it's more of a poor installation/material quality that ppl complain about.

I've played some that stay in tune and some that just don't, luck of the draw really,

to TS, i would get the Ibanez, one of the periphery guys uses that model, just switch out the pups to dimarzios, SD or whatever you like and it'll out do the schecter by far
Last edited by gman128 at Aug 12, 2011,
That was my plan anyway, I just figures it was less work going from passives to passives rather than active to passive.

But yeah, I'll definitely have to try both. On paper I think the Loomis is more what I want... But... I'm feeling the ibanez more, for sure lol
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby