Hey Peeps!

How do you prep for a gig? We're playing this Saturday, and I love to listen to albums all the way through. Right before the gig I make sure I stretch like crazy because I move a lot, and I know my luck I'd pull a muscle. I rarely touch my guitar because I don't want to get my fingers tired before the show.

Do you stay away from music at all or do you practice your guitar non stop? Do you meditate?

I just thought it would be cool to hear what UG does before a gig.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Just relax.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Change my strings, tune up and go mess about with the other guys, then nicely chilled out, get on stage.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by JackOSF
Defecate

This made me laugh because our lead vocalist has told me it is imperative to perform this before every show. He makes a big ordeal about it. Hah!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
I like to play - wake the fingers up. If I were to just jump in to playing without having played at least in the past couple hours, my sweeps would probably be sloppy as shit. I need to warm up.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
clear the chamber.

you wouldn't want to go off half cocked...

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
With the folk band, I don't really need to do anything except maybe re-memorise the solos and lead pieces. With the tech band where I play fretless bass, I always warm up for half an hour before, and play the hard parts a few times. Both because I _need_ the warmup, and it helps intonate properly.
Quote by JackOSF
Defecate

This is actually quite important. I mean, you don't want to feel like hell's trying to get out of your ass in the middle of your awesome guitar solo.
I have no sig
Listen to some CDs on the way there in the car, set up and sound check. Get some water and a big mac then before I go on, tune up and make sure I have everything I need. I keep strings, winder, cables, spare straps etc in this bag behind my amp. Otherwise, just chill backstage and chat and also check out the other bands too
Quote by gregs1020
clear the chamber.

you wouldn't want to go off half cocked...

haha

classic movie

what i do, is i just lounge around, and joke, have a good time, and all he mean while play scales unplugged and get loose.
We meet about two hours before our gigs to get all of our stuff loaded, and then we typically bro out on the ride to whatever dive bar we are playing at. We usually get there pretty early...get all set up, sound check, and then grab a beer and something to eat before we go on.

Our lead singer goes back out to the car and does vocal warmup exercises because we usually play 3 hour to hour and fifteen sets in a night and it takes a toll on his voice.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
5 raw eggs in a glass. Punch some sides of beef. The usual.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Just relax, reread lyrics if you're singing, warm up about an hour before the show. Then the last 30 minutes before going on you should relax, talk with your bandmates, then rock!
Fender Deluxe 72' Telecaster w/ SD SH-4 JB
humbucker in the bridge position running through....
--
Crate FlexWave 120H
Marshall 1960A 4x12
Boss TU-3
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
BBE Green Screamer
MXR m109 6-band EQ
MXR m135 Smart Gate
I usually just hang out and stay relaxed then about a half hour before we go on I do some stretching and grab my guitar to do some excersizes just to get my fingers goin especially in the winter when its cold out. In the summer I may skip the excersize thing in favor of one of those callus builder things.
my band's been playing a few shows, and every time, we practice our set about 2 times just work out any knots that we may have about a certain song, and then we go out for a band lunch, and then head over to the show. it's the same almost every time.

btw, hello twin.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Smoke some swats, drink whiskey, and jam some tunes the whole way. Get there set up or sound check, and drink some more whiskey and swats. The we go on stage and rip it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i glare at anybody who tries to come over to me, yell at my band when they leave the soundcheck before we're done and then stare at my fretboard pensively while playing the most of avant-garde bass solos i can think of.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Quote by will42
i glare at anybody who tries to come over to me, yell at my band when they leave the soundcheck before we're done and then stare at my fretboard pensively while playing the most of avant-garde bass solos i can think of.

Good man. you must play in a metal band.