I have been thinking about getting a new guitar, a Schecter Damien Avenger FR specifically. I have decided that I would get the model with the EMG 81/85 pick-ups since they sound better than the passive ones.

My problems comes when I wish to change those pick-ups, I would like to keep the EMG 85, but place it in the bridge position, instead of the neck position. I would like to place a Sustainiac Stealth Pro in the neck position. I have read that this is impossible to do since they are both active, can anyone tell me if this would be possible to achieve?

Thanks, Ryan.
Quote by AF7ERLIF3
I have been thinking about getting a new guitar, a Schecter Damien Avenger FR specifically. I have decided that I would get the model with the EMG 81/85 pick-ups since they sound better than the passive ones.

My problems comes when I wish to change those pick-ups, I would like to keep the EMG 85, but place it in the bridge position, instead of the neck position. I would like to place a Sustainiac Stealth Pro in the neck position. I have read that this is impossible to do since they are both active, can anyone tell me if this would be possible to achieve?

Thanks, Ryan.

1st of all, not all actives sound better then passives, its a matter of preference. Try them out, you might like the model with the passives.

As for pickups, I HIGHLY doubt its impossible, because some Fernandes guitars ( The Vortex models ) have a Fernandes sustainer in the neck and an EMG 81 in the bridge.

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/vortex/vortex-elite.html

Try consulting a local tech. If not, I'm sure you'd find someone that is knowledgeable about this.