is there any difference (in sound, weight, electrics, anything) between 2 ampeg 410 svt cabs and 1 810E?
obviously the 810 is a bastard to lug around, but other than that...
thanks
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
As far as I understand the 810e is just two 410e-s on top of each other as one single unit. The 810e even has the option to use it as two different 410s. So you could have one head plugged into the top half of the cab and a different one into the bottom half if you wanted. I doubt there would be much, if any difference in the sound.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Well you would have to lift one 410 onto the other if you where planning on stacking vertically which could be a pain in the ass...
Another thing to consider is that most 4x10 cabinets are ported. Some 8x10 cabs, like the Ampeg 8x10 iirc, are not ported and that affects your low end sound. Not that it affects it any bad way; it's just different and depends on taste.

Also portability can be an issue. An 8x10 is one single heavy piece of gear while two 4x10s can be moved around a little easier.

Love the Low end

Also portability can be an issue. An 8x10 is one single heavy piece of gear while two 4x10s can be moved around a little easier.

This does vary depending on the location - 8x10 tend to have wheels, 4x10s don't usually - so if you need to move it some distance on foot, an 8x10 can occasionally be the easier option. Occasionally.

Presumably there should be no issue with power levels - I can't imagine that a 4x10 cabinet won't be 4 ohms, so if you need to only use one cab for whatever reason, you should still be fine (although think about wattages before doing that).
Quote by Samzawadi
This does vary depending on the location - 8x10 tend to have wheels, 4x10s don't usually - so if you need to move it some distance on foot, an 8x10 can occasionally be the easier option. Occasionally.

Presumably there should be no issue with power levels - I can't imagine that a 4x10 cabinet won't be 4 ohms, so if you need to only use one cab for whatever reason, you should still be fine (although think about wattages before doing that).

The Classic Series 4x10s have casters. The'yre pretty easy to carry.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Samzawadi

Or you could just buy some $15 casters haha
Why you want an 8x10 is a different topic all together.

The ampeg 8x10 is made up of 4 none ported sections. Literally 4 2x10's on top of each other.

Id prefer 4 2x10's myself and bring as many as you need to whatever gig. Most likely only 2.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Pshhh... 6x10's are where it's at.

<3 u Bergantino NV610

In all seriousnessness, there REALLY isn't that much of a difference between 1 8x10 and 2 4x10s. It really comes down to personal prefferance.

For me, i use 2 4x10's or one 6x10, as i cannot fit an 8x10 in my car. So my decision was a simple one.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."