Okay i just bought a Metal Muff Distortion Pedal with Top Boost. Before buying it, i tried it out at guitar center with several amps and it sounded crazy beast. When i took it home, i plugged it into my Epiphone LP and my Line 6 Spider IV and it sounded like insane crap. I used every channel and it sounded like crap on each. Is it the amp? because Line 6 amps are digital and i don't know. Should i get a tube amp with a good clean? i don't know what to do, Please HELP!
What genres of music do you play?

Return the Metal Muff. Sell the Spider. Buy a better amp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
you want to buy a tube amp because you now have a £35 pedal

seems like you have your priorities a bit wrong
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by ragingkitty
What genres of music do you play?

Return the Metal Muff. Sell the Spider. Buy a better amp.

Heavy metal, trash metal, alternative metal etc.
This is Thread #3.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Quote by HGR17
Heavy metal, trash metal, alternative metal etc.

Sell the Spider. Return the Metal Muff. Buy a Peavey Vypyr.

/story
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Listen you buy the pedal for the amp not the amp for the pedal this is because a pedal is $100 and an amp can be over $1000 so return both the spider and the metal muff cause they both aren't that good and buy something else. If you give me a budget i can help u out.
Quote by 95thFallout
If you give me a budget i can help u out.

so can the rest of us.

also "u" should be spelt "you"
What is with all these threads the last couple days, I don't even.

Also, wth is "trash metal"? I see that term everywhere, and I have no idea what it is. Is it like some new thing?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Stick with what you have for now. Save your money and practice.
Run the metal muff thought the Spider on it's CLEANEST setting.
Quote by Offworld92
What is with all these threads the last couple days, I don't even.

Also, wth is "trash metal"? I see that term everywhere, and I have no idea what it is. Is it like some new thing?

No thrash metal is far from new the best example i can think of for thrash metal is old school Metallica (pre Black Album) listen to the song Ride the Lightning and you'll get it. Its pretty much heavy metal :P
we need a giant neon sign at the top of the page saying pedals (especially distortion orientated ones) don't work well with modelling amps.

this is the problem which begs the ? why didn't you try the pedal with an amp like the one you have? the Metal Muff will work fine with the clean channel of any tube amp and even solid state non modeling amps. as mentioned build off of your amp not the other way around.
Actually i just got an idea for you which would make it sound better if you want you can bipass the preamp on the Spider by plugging your metal muff in through the aux port but your going to need to convert the 1/4 to 1/8 with a plug or something :P My cousin did this and it sounded way better but you will prob need an eq of some sort aswell :P
Quote by 667
Stick with what you have for now. Save your money and practice.

Quote by 667

Quote by 667
though the Spider on it's CLEANEST setting.

Quote by 667
though the Spider on it's CLEANEST setting.

is there one?
Quote by Dempsey68
is there one?

there is but when i run it through it it's soooo, non-metal
Quote by JackoMBA
+1

+ infinity
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by HGR17
Okay i just bought a Metal Muff Distortion Pedal with Top Boost. Before buying it, i tried it out at guitar center with several amps and it sounded crazy beast. When i took it home, i plugged it into my Epiphone LP and my Line 6 Spider IV and it sounded like insane crap. I used every channel and it sounded like crap on each. Is it the amp? because Line 6 amps are digital and i don't know. Should i get a tube amp with a good clean? i don't know what to do, Please HELP!

This is some backwards thinking I must say. You buy a pedal for the amp, not an amp for the pedal.

I would take the pedal back, play some other pedals through the line 6 at the store. Find one you like, or like others have said, trade it all in and get something you will like better. Which wattage Line 6? The 15w combo, 150w head or somewhere in between?
srry but this sounds like a trolling thread .

lol but this is the first one i seen were a person buys an amp based on a pedal .
heres what you need to do TS:

go back to GC, or any guitar store.
ask them to hook you up with T00bz
buy the t00bz
place the t00bz in the back of your spider amp.

BAM, instant tube amp.
The guys suggesting that you return the pedal, sell the Spyder and get a Peavey Vyper are putting you on the right track.
Quote by ragingkitty
Sell the Spider. Return the Metal Muff. Buy a Peavey Vypyr.

/story

So return the Spider for a comparable amp that doesn't sound much different?
I hate my sig