Page 1 of 5
So guys, is there anything you consider yourself to be an authority on? I'm not talking about you knowing everything there is to know, it's more "you know your shit."

Some examples of what I'm talking about (from what I've seen on the forums)

The Madcap - Classical Guitar (because he plays it and has been for a long time)
Jakal58 - Aeronautics (because that's his job)
Mistress Ibanez - Language (because she studied it)

To be honest, "authority" isn't the best word for this, I hope you get my meaning.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Sports, most music, Pokemon... There's a lot of stuff I'm learning but wouldn't consider myself an aficionado in.
WW2, specifically weapons, ie tanks, small arms and aircraft, also fish, well animals in general tbh, and hair metal.

oh and cars, definetly cars, ive been an authority on cars since i was about 3
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Last edited by RetroGunslinger at Aug 12, 2011,
I'm an authority on having swagger.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
being authoritative.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Organic chemistry.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I don't know about "authority," but I'm sort of a Metallica fanboy.
Also, I know a fair bit about the history/evolution of metal. So my friends would ask me about that kinda shit. I did a presentation about it in one of my Communication classes.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Bones. And Castle. Don't know why, but i've watched those two shows a million times
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
I'm capable of admitting I'm not an "authority" on anything.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I have a Law Degree as well as an LPC (Legal Practice Course) Professional Qualification for practising lawyers. I have previously (and still currently) worked in several law firms on a free lance basis until I find something permanent. I have extensive experience in Commercial Litigation and Immigration issues.

I also know my shit on Asian music in particularly Chinese and Korean.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Aug 12, 2011,
Quote by I.O.T.M
I'm an authority on having swagger.
You are a ridiculous human being.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
You are a ridiculous human being.

I ain't got no time for haters. Too busy making paper.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Um. My father is an authority on mainframe migration. Which is a big deal.

Me? Nothing yet.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Not really. I have a hard time focusing at/getting really good at a single subject.

Kinda annoying when you think about it.
Quote by I.O.T.M
I ain't got no time for haters. Too busy making paper.

All that cack in your sig, avatar, title, and then your location is Dover
Sports - Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Tennis.

Macs - I am a Mac Support Technician so I pretty much know the ins and outs of everything on them.

Directions/Maps - If I'm in a big city like Toronto or Chicago, I can pretty much navigate the downtown area pretty well after a couple of hours. I've always been really good with knowing where things are in relation to where I am.
Yes, as a professional in a very specific job environment, I consider myself an authority, amongst this community, on special operations in modern times.
My God, it's full of stars!
How to fix or repair 89-98 Chevy Silverado's. Don't back talk me on those trucks, because I've been working on them for years, and I happen to own one, and have fixed or replaced too much stuff, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to those trucks.

Other than that, I know a little bit about everything, not much of an authority though.
Open and closed loop control systems.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ethan_hanus
How to fix or repair 89-98 Chevy Silverado's. Don't back talk me on those trucks, because I've been working on them for years, and I happen to own one, and have fixed or replaced too much stuff, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to those trucks.

Other than that, I know a little bit about everything, not much of an authority though.

Which reminds me... I know a bit about 2 stroke motors. Hope to be an authority on that one day.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Not really. There's always someone around that is a more authoritative authority on something that I know a lot about.
Quote by due 07
Not really. There's always someone around that is a more authoritative authority on something that I know a lot about.

Now you're talking about an expert. An expert is an individual that thinks he knows so much he doesn't have to learn anything else.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Eastwinn
Which reminds me... I know a bit about 2 stroke motors. Hope to be an authority on that one day.

I worked on 2 stroke motors most of my high school life, I know those things like the back of my hand....there's really not too much to em, unless you get into the more complex two stroke motors that use a oil injection system and run off of normal unmixed gasoline, like my golf cart, that's where the systems get complex. I love 2 stroke, way more efficient than 4 stroke, instant torque.
i'm not authoritative on anything.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Jackal58
Now you're talking about an expert. An expert is an individual that thinks he knows so much he doesn't have to learn anything else.

Oh, right. Well I guess I'm a semi-authority on a small number of things.
Why has no-one mentioned Slacker Babbath's extensive knowledge of what I guess is called Biblical Archaeology.

Man, that guy can go off on one explaining why things appear as they do in the bible and point us to events with evidence behind them that seem like they could be what the bible refers to.
Bach, counterpoint, etc.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The Beatles, buddhism maybe, Breaking Bad. That's about it really. There are certain people who I know about (Gandhi and Thoreau), but i'm not a genius regarding anything.

I do, however, have superior taste in music and movies.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't know that I would consider myself an authority on them, but I will pretty much go out of my way to talk about Iron Maiden when they come up. Same with Dune.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Page 1 of 5